+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: It it time for a debate on the future and structure of L2 & the NL?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    {Shudder} both extremely depressing prospects.

If we played NFFC U21s in a Legaue fixture, football is dead to me. So I'd say that's worse.
    Of course it is as they wouldnt be allowed to play them in the same league or in the cups.

It wont happen for a while but they keep suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    The EFL will look after their own, as seen by relegating Macclesfield and saving Stevenage. Regarding the NL I can see the structure becoming financially unviable. There is a danger this could lead to a situation where Notts are left with no league to compete in, or one which does not have a promotion route into the EFL. That's a worst case scenario, but not impossible.
    That is my main worry that the NL will collaspe and we'll be leagueless. I really can't see how it can continue without financial help in the form of grants. Loans are not an option at all.

Could create League 3 or a north/south split, adding NL teams that do have pot to piss in to teams from League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That is my main worry that the NL will collaspe and we'll be leagueless. I really can't see how it can continue without financial help in the form of grants. Loans are not an option at all.
    I would imagine the EFL would hoover up the bigger teams in that situation. The likes of us, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Stockport would make it financially better for the EFL as we have big gates. How the numbers stack, I wouldn't know but I'd also imagine some League clubs are teetering, Wigan looks dicey at the moment

There appears to be a meeting going to take place asap concerning the National Leagues current season continuing. It would seem impossible to do so without further govt support which will not be forthcoming. Clubs were told supporters would be allowed into grounds by now but they arent. Clubs cannot afford wages or covid tests for their players and staff and the overwhelming majority of the clubs are basically unable to continue in these circumstances. If as I suspect the season will be cancelled in its current format i really hope those clubs who do wish to continue even in the current circumstances are allowed to do so in a mini league format with the results involving all the clubs who wish to withdraw being expunged from this seasons league table?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    There appears to be a meeting going to take place asap concerning the National Leagues current season continuing. It would seem impossible to do so without further govt support which will not be forthcoming. Clubs were told supporters would be allowed into grounds by now but they arent. Clubs cannot afford wages or covid tests for their players and staff and the overwhelming majority of the clubs are basically unable to continue in these circumstances. If as I suspect the season will be cancelled in its current format i really hope those clubs who do wish to continue even in the current circumstances are allowed to do so in a mini league format with the results involving all the clubs who wish to withdraw being expunged from this seasons league table?
    Nobody relegated but the promotion issue still gets sorted out, that sounds like a decent solution, so the NL will most likely not give it a thought or refuse to entertain the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Nobody relegated but the promotion issue still gets sorted out, that sounds like a decent solution, so the NL will most likely not give it a thought or refuse to entertain the idea.
    That wont happen as League two clubs will kick off if there is no relegation from the NL.

Stevenage got away with it last season and looking at the table they could again.

If you were in their shoes or Southend/Grimsby you'd fight to save yourself.

Basically as I said right from the off they shouldn't have started the season.

If this season is cancelled today then the non league 2021/22 season can only start with 100% fans in and for that to happen everyone needs to be

Its a farce at our level anyway the only question we should ask is if it is void we get parachute payments as thats only fair.

Whatever happens, no B teams.

I think some of you are missing my main point, there are probably several clubs in L2 that actually would benefit from being ‘re-located’ in to the NL in order to lower their overheads to help them stay in business. In that is the case, these clubs would need to be replaced or; the number of teams in L2 reduced. This could be achieved by having premier B teams or preferably, replace them with clubs that are financially stable.

I dont think any EFL side benefits by being in the NL.

It is an awful league ran by complete idiots and we thought the football league was bad !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast