+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: It it time for a debate on the future and structure of L2 & the NL?

O/T: It it time for a debate on the future and structure of L2 & the NL?

There will be some clubs in L2 that will not survive this financial burden created by Covid-19 and perhaps some clubs would rather go part-time in the NL. I think the structure of L2 & the NL needs to be thoroughly examined and a debate needed to discuss the feasibility of some clubs electing to be demoted to the NL in order to survive and being replaced by clubs such as Notts and Wrexham - Sutton etc who are in a reasonably healthy financial position. Will this happen? - sadly, I doubt very much that there will be any dialogue between the powers that be.

(I posted this on another thread but thought the topic deserves its own thread)

It's something that definitely needs to be considered but I doubt it will happen until clubs in the EFL start to capitulate in numbers. The only thing that is going to have any influence on this whole sorry saga will unfortunately come from the Premier League. I'm pretty sure they will use this moment of weakness for many clubs to further their agenda for allowing B teams into the pyramid and it will be difficult for many clubs to turn down the bribe.

One thing is for sure and that is the world in general is undergoing a significant change in every aspect including industry, transport, energy, polotics, social integration, entertainment and sport etc. I expect we will see some big changes to football over the next few years but it will be to the advantage of those at the top table.

I agree with ncfcog the chances are we are more likely to see West Ham U23 rather than Wrexham in L2.

As it stands all clubs in L1 and L2 got £1m from the premier league this season plus they can generate whatever income by streaming games.

I guess it depends how long this goes onto for as some people think we will be good to go 2021/22 season with fans, im not so sure myself.

We are all hoping there is no more strains and the vaccine roll out is completed by September.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I agree with ncfcog the chances are we are more likely to see West Ham U23 rather than Wrexham in L2.

As it stands all clubs in L1 and L2 got £1m from the premier league this season plus they can generate whatever income by streaming games.

I guess it depends how long this goes onto for as some people think we will be good to go 2021/22 season with fans, im not so sure myself.

We are all hoping there is no more strains and the vaccine roll out is completed by September.
    It's time to officially make the 'National League', 'League 5', of the EFL.

I say that mainly because, I can honestly see that's the only way we'll ever get back there.

The EFL will look after their own, as seen by relegating Macclesfield and saving Stevenage. Regarding the NL I can see the structure becoming financially unviable. There is a danger this could lead to a situation where Notts are left with no league to compete in, or one which does not have a promotion route into the EFL. That's a worst case scenario, but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's time to officially make the 'National League', 'League 5', of the EFL.

I say that mainly because, I can honestly see that's the only way we'll ever get back there.
    Let's put that down as a vote of 'No confidence' in the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    The EFL will look after their own, as seen by relegating Macclesfield and saving Stevenage. Regarding the NL I can see the structure becoming financially unviable. There is a danger this could lead to a situation where Notts are left with no league to compete in, or one which does not have a promotion route into the EFL. That's a worst case scenario, but not impossible.
    If there is no promotions then there is no point to the league.

That wont happen as there is nothing to aim for and fans wont attend as you will be watching a season of dead rubbers.

What is more likely to happen is there is teams in the lower leagues playing more local matches.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Let's put that down as a vote of 'No confidence' in the owners.
    Please yourself what you do with it Mr Board Governor.

I can't decide which would be the more depressing scenario, playing Basford United in some local non-league wilderness or a league fixture against Nottingham F****t U21s..

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I can't decide which would be the more depressing scenario, playing Basford United in some local non-league wilderness or a league fixture against Nottingham F****t U21s..
    {Shudder} both extremely depressing prospects.

If we played NFFC U21s in a Legaue fixture, football is dead to me. So I'd say that's worse.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast