+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: It it time for a debate on the future and structure of L2 & the NL?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh no you've gone and done some of your finest cherry picking yet again!

Why have you ignored this off topic comment from Navy?

And then this from yourself on the very next post? It appears once again you two come as a pair.

Both preceding the post you quoted of mine. You also have Navy clearly lonely and seeking to instigate some sort of interaction last night calling people f#*"ng idiots and the cycle repeats.

This is just the sort of behaviour that annoys many on here.

I have a strong feeling you don't want NCM to change one bit. Sad times
    F00kin Richard the laddoheart.

Why have you ignored this off topic comment from Navy?
    Because navypie isn't the one who has decided to lead a campaign to stop petty arguments. You are the one who has chosen to do that.

Bearing that in mind, please could you answer the questions I asked in posts #42 and #43?

Yes I have led a campaign for us two to stop petty arguments and to stay on topic. Us two, just us two. I can't make that simpler.

If achieved this will improve the message board for all. Now are you with me on this? Or not bothered about improving NCM for all? Please let me know.

All you have to do is not insert yourself into every debate , argument with others I'm involved in on various in threads . Navy doesn't need protecting, let him sink on his own.

Resist petty digs in my direction. So far you've achieved neither, which is disappointing.

I will do the same and will avoid any personal digs in your direction and bingo less threads ends up with the usual 3 way tedious squabble. It's been done dozens of times before it's dull for people to view and discourages the actual topic being discussed.

This is a prime example, you made multiple posts and none relate to the actual thread topic. As you know this happens so often. We can change that

Of course I will answer your questions. I was responding to Navy's posts #31, #37 and #40. Unsurprisingly none of which related to the subject matter and as always went personal.

Navy is a lost lonely cause, let him do his thing.

Lets concentrate on us, let's be selfless, let's improve NCM.

Are you signed up to this or not?

Of course I will answer your questions. I was responding to Navy's posts #31, #37 and #40. Unsurprisingly none of which related to the subject matter and as always went personal.
    Responding to his posts was your big mistake. You don't seem to realise that if you want your campaign to succeed, you have to lead by example. You have to be the bigger man and not respond to comments like navypie's. Just ignore them. If you don't respond, the petty argument is ended there and then. If you carry it on, don't you see the hypocrisy in telling others to stay on topic and then completely ignoring the topic yourself?

I'm undecided at the moment. My problem is that I have a lot of experience of footy messageboards, while by your own admission you are incredibly naive. Your experience is limited to this board and this board alone. A vibrant football messageboard with interesting club discussions and no arguments is a mythical beast. It doesn't exist. This board is what it is, and it has been by far the most popular Notts board for a long time. If you really want less petty arguments, the answer is a simple one - just don't get involved in them so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Responding to his posts was your big mistake. You don't seem to realise that if you want your campaign to succeed, you have to lead by example. You have to be the bigger man and not respond to comments like navypie's. Just ignore them. If you don't respond, the petty argument is ended there and then. If you carry it on, don't you see the hypocrisy in telling others to stay on topic and then completely ignoring the topic yourself?

I'm undecided at the moment. My problem is that I have a lot of experience of footy messageboards, while by your own admission you are incredibly naive. Your experience is limited to this board and this board alone. A vibrant football messageboard with interesting club discussions and no arguments is a mythical beast. It doesn't exist. This board is what it is, and it has been by far the most popular Notts board for a long time. If you really want less petty arguments, the answer is a simple one - just don't get involved in them so often.
    No problem with arguments and different viewpoints.

What gets me is the polarised way you are treated. Example - I post something in favour of Ardley and I'm deluded, an Ardley (or Laddo) disciple etc. (and worse).

But the Laddo / Elite threads have become monotonous, both of you wanting the last word.

Yes I have led a campaign for us two to stop petty arguments and to stay on topic. Us two, just us two. I can't make that simpler.

If achieved this will improve the message board for all. Now are you with me on this? Or not bothered about improving NCM for all? Please let me know.

All you have to do is not insert yourself into every debate , argument with others I'm involved in on various in threads . Navy doesn't need protecting, let him sink on his own.

Resist petty digs in my direction. So far you've achieved neither, which is disappointing.

I will do the same and will avoid any personal digs in your direction and bingo less threads ends up with the usual 3 way tedious squabble. It's been done dozens of times before it's dull for people to view and discourages the actual topic being discussed.

This is a prime example, you made multiple posts and none relate to the actual thread topic. As you know this happens so often. We can change that

Navy is a lost lonely cause, let him do his thing.

Lets concentrate on us, let's be selfless, let's improve NCM.

Please don't give up on me saddo. Where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What gets me is the polarised way you are treated. Example - I post something in favour of Ardley and I'm deluded, an Ardley (or Laddo) disciple etc. (and worse).
    I know what you mean about polarisation. Anyone who dares to criticise Ardley is quickly branded a 'pitchforker' by one poster.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    But the Laddo / Elite threads have become monotonous, both of you wanting the last word.
    I've offered a solution that that. We'll have to see if it's taken up.

It's already a better place I'm sure you've noticed. Probably because their hasn't been a game to wake up some of the yokels, but it's a step in the right direction.

Some interesting threads, plenty of good posts and zero petty arguments.

Happy days.
    What gives you the right to call fans " yokels" just because they criticise crap performances? That is downright insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know what you mean about polarisation. Anyone who dares to criticise Ardley is quickly branded a 'pitchforker' by one poster.

I've offered a solution that that. We'll have to see if it's taken up.
    Again that's just one side of the coin! I want negative comments , I want criticism of Ardley and the players.

It's the ridiculous cynical comments that are the worse oh and the people always being so negative who clearly have #noagenda are allowed to play positive too. Some perspective and balance isn't too much to hope for.

It's not one or the other. It's become like UK politics, very polarised.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    What gives you the right to call fans " yokels" just because they criticise crap performances? That is downright insulting.
    That's not when "yokels" is used or appropriate. If it's a poor performance then criticise the performance. It's the OTT reaction that the likes of Mark Stallard and myself aren't fans of. Countless examples of ridiculous OTT comments made during and after games. Then Yokels and Pitchforks are very appropriate as a mob mentality becomes very apparent as the #angrymob encourage each other to see who can say the stupidest thing about the manager.

Do you need a right to call someone a yokel? That's a new one on me, I think it's rather tame compared to some of the insults thrown around on here during more heated times.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast