+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The pitch

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Whatever the state of our pitch, you're going to get a good hiding on Saturday.
    Found your Yorkshire tinted glasses then, Gunt? Under normal circumstances in a normal season I'd be having a wry smile at your post. In this crazy season you might be right but it looks like Roo has got us sorted out at the back. Just the one goal against in our last 4 games, 3 wins and 3 clean sheets on the bounce.

It will come down to your tactics IMO. If you employ the full court press from the off and harry us into errors we will be vulnerable. If you try to play "proper football" a la "it's just like watching Brazil" then I think we'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Found your Yorkshire tinted glasses then, Gunt? Under normal circumstances in a normal season I'd be having a wry smile at your post. In this crazy season you might be right but it looks like Roo has got us sorted out at the back. Just the one goal against in our last 4 games, 3 wins and 3 clean sheets on the bounce.

It will come down to your tactics IMO. If you employ the full court press from the off and harry us into errors we will be vulnerable. If you try to play "proper football" a la "it's just like watching Brazil" then I think we'll win.

It's just another league match of no importance to us. We'll soon be playing a proper club. Maybe we'll rest our key players for the Chelsea game rather than risk the likes of Woodrow, Mowatt, Styles being injured. Perhaps you'll have another dodgy ref giving you another dodgy penalty. All the same, our squad players should win comfortably. I'll go for 2-0.

What happened at New York Stadium then, er lost 3-0
    Derby County never had a decent pitch, just sludge heaps.
    Rooney in charge, can't you has supporters see, that the Derby board have used Rooney, & his name, to get players in, Rooney used ex-clubs he played for, Man Utd, & Everton, old England team mate Gerrard, the club borrowing money, can't pay players wages on time, the promise of a takeover deal.
    Rooney's circus, with clowns running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    1. What happened at New York Stadium then, er lost 3-0

2. Derby County never had a decent pitch, just sludge heaps.

3. Rooney in charge, can't you has supporters see, that the Derby board have used Rooney, & his name, to get players in, Rooney used ex-clubs he played for, Man Utd, & Everton, old England team mate Gerrard, the club borrowing money, can't pay players wages on time, the promise of a takeover deal.
    Rooney's circus, with clowns running the club.
    1. Yes, you beat us 3-0. For 75 minutes the game was heading for a 0-0. We cocked up at a free kick and you scored. We then looked for the equaliser and you took advantage of the space to net twice more in the last 10 minutes. If you look back on threads in this forum you'll see us saying, pre match that it's be a struggle. Rotherham's in your face, pressing and harrying direct style is something we don't cope with at all well with. We'll struggle at Barnsley as well as they play the same game as you. That's football. It's also football that we have done very well against the top 6 whereas the rest of the bottom 8 clubs have struggled against the top clubs. Where the season will end, none of us know. Prior to the 3-0 loss at yours, since Rooney took over we were 6th in the form table and had conceded less goals than any other team. Congratulations on the win (both of them).

2. At the Baseball Ground we did, indeed, have a crap pitch more often than not but we haven't played there for 25 years. Since the move to Pride Park we have had a pitch recognised as one of the best in the country. The past few weeks it has been less than good but your "never had a good pitch" taunt is utter rubbish.

3. Rooney. I covered that in my answer to your first "point". Your "ex-clubs" jibe is only partly true. He brought players in from other clubs too. With regard to borrowing money, do you really think Derby is the only club doing that now that there have been no gate receipts for almost a year? Wages? Up to date. The proposed new owners are putting the club in a dodgy position though. They were supposed to have put money into a bank account to pay the December and January wages. They didn't. The takeover situation is worrying but we'll survive, one way or another.

1. Yes, you beat us 3-0. For 75 minutes the game was heading for a 0-0. We cocked up at a free kick and you scored. We then looked for the equaliser and you took advantage of the space to net twice more in the last 10 minutes. If you look back on threads in this forum you'll see us saying, pre match that it's be a struggle. Rotherham's in your face, pressing and harrying direct style is something we don't cope with at all well with. We'll struggle at Barnsley as well as they play the same game as you. That's football. It's also football that we have done very well against the top 6 whereas the rest of the bottom 8 clubs have struggled against the top clubs. Where the season will end, none of us know. Prior to the 3-0 loss at yours, since Rooney took over we were 6th in the form table and had conceded less goals than any other team. Congratulations on the win (both of them).

2. At the Baseball Ground we did, indeed, have a crap pitch more often than not but we haven't played there for 25 years. Since the move to Pride Park we have had a pitch recognised as one of the best in the country. The past few weeks it has been less than good but your "never had a good pitch" taunt is utter rubbish.

3. Rooney. I covered that in my answer to your first "point". Your "ex-clubs" jibe is only partly true. He brought players in from other clubs too. With regard to borrowing money, do you really think Derby is the only club doing that now that there have been no gate receipts for almost a year? Wages? Up to date. The proposed new owners are putting the club in a dodgy position though. They were supposed to have put money into a bank account to pay the December and January wages. They didn't. The takeover situation is worrying but we'll survive, one way or another.
    Thanks for giving a good answer to my posting, we has fans are missing going to the games, but the takeover messing about must have you has fans pulling your hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Thanks for giving a good answer to my posting, we has fans are missing going to the games, but the takeover messing about must have you has fans pulling your hair out.
    You're welcome. With regard to the takeover, in a recent interview with the Daily Fail, Mel Morris told us that he had serious Covid abiut 10 months ago. More health issues which saw part of his bowel and parts of is back surgically removed which point to possible cancer. He also said his ownership has thus far cost him north of £200M and he will continue to fund the club until such time as the takeover is complete. Ill health is the reason he decided to sell up and he's going to stick around until a sale is completed.

I think there's more to this poor pitch than the weather that Rooney is blaming it on, yes we've had rain, floods and recent snow but this is meant to be a 3G pitch and meant to be hard wearing, look at Loughborough universities pitch where the U23s played and beat Chelsea the other night, pristine compared to ours

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I think there's more to this poor pitch than the weather that Rooney is blaming it on, yes we've had rain, floods and recent snow but this is meant to be a 3G pitch and meant to be hard wearing, look at Loughborough universities pitch where the U23s played and beat Chelsea the other night, pristine compared to ours
    Isn’t it more likely to be a combination of poor weather with later relaying than usual? I don’t think it’s been a particularly wet winter...certainly no wetter than plenty of other years...and I can’t recall ever seeing the PP pitch look worse than it currently does.

The pitch is usually relaid every summer. This one wasn't.

There was a planned re-laying in either December or January, I forget which of the two, and that also didn't happen. When was the Loughborough Uni pitch last relaid? Probably not the best part of 2 years ago. IMO comparing the two is a chalk/cheese issue.

Well that doesn't hold water, blaming covid on not being able to get a new pitch relaid is fair enough but the same goes for every other club so how come their pitches are imaculate compared to ours, look at Loughborough Uni's and your saying it's 2 years old, so ours is 2 years old as well then and so are the others

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)