+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley Match Preview

Liverpool v Burnley Match Preview

Last season we were the team that denied Liverpool a perfect home record when Jay Rod cancelled out Andy Robertson’s opener. That really pissed them off and Robertson launched into an expletive ridden post match rant against the referee. I would love to see us pull off that kind of performance again but I cannot for the life of me see who is going to score for us. I don’t expect SD to ring the changes though the oft maligned McNeil has done enough recently to earn a recall to the starting line up. It would be a huge boost if Charlie Taylor is fit to play. Liverpool have scoring problems of their own having failed to find the net in three successive PL games against Newcastle, Southampton and Manchester United. Salah, Mane and Firmino will be tasked with remedying that. Matip should be fit to return in defence allowing Henderson to move up into his normal midfield slot. As usual TAA and Robertson will provide the threat down the flanks so our midfield will need to support our full backs to restrict their opportunities. Let’s hope we can piss the Reds and Klopp off again. I’d be grateful for an og if that is the only way we can get a goal. COYC!

City had a scoring problem when we rocked up there a couple of months ago, we sorted that problem for them, I expect we'll help Liverpool out in a similar fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    City had a scoring problem when we rocked up there a couple of months ago, we sorted that problem for them, I expect we'll help Liverpool out in a similar fashion.
    Lol!

Liverpool have been useless of recent - I'd think it very unsporting if they decided to up their game...just for us.

We are a strange bunch us Burnley Fans. We go in to the game tonight expecting the worst but with that little glimmer of hope that we could pull off an upset. I am begining to feel like that whoever the oposition is....

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    We are a strange bunch us Burnley Fans. We go in to the game tonight expecting the worst but with that little glimmer of hope that we could pull off an upset. I am begining to feel like that whoever the oposition is....
    It's in the Clarets Mad DNA C_M. I see it every week home and away.

It's normal life in the Prem for most supporters

To be honest tonight, I don't care if we get battered by four or five (Don't get me wrong, I would prefer us not to) I just want to see some endeavour to attack and show that we have more than just a dour defensive mantra. I want (nay fricking need) to see something that gives us hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    To be honest tonight, I don't care if we get battered by four or five (Don't get me wrong, I would prefer us not to) I just want to see some endeavour to attack and show that we have more than just a dour defensive mantra. I want (nay fricking need) to see something that gives us hope.
    Worry not Casper, reinforcements are imminent...

Attachment 18126

Salah and Firmino on the bench and Henderson not involved. Charlie Taylor is back!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)