+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To the ex Millers that rarely get a mention on here.

To the ex Millers that rarely get a mention on here.

One of the greatest days of my life being a Miller.1996 first time at Wembley with my dad to watch the Millers it doesn't get any better than that.My dad died before the Millers got to Wembley again so a big thank you to Archie Gemmill,John McGovern & Nigel Jemson.A proud day & one I will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    One of the greatest days of my life being a Miller.1996 first time at Wembley with my dad to watch the Millers it doesn't get any better than that.My dad died before the Millers got to Wembley again so a big thank you to Archie Gemmill,John McGovern & Nigel Jemson.A proud day & one I will never forget.
    It was a great day out Lol, we even won the celebrity game prior to kick off

Great day out. Remember us getting into Wembley at 1ish and seeing the beer prices: "We're not paying that! **** em!"

2 hours later - completely pissed!

Well spent though - full day of party. One of the best Millers days I can (vaguely) remember...

I've got some good memories of that day.
    I've still got the tv highlights ''Your Match'' videoed at the time, I think it was on quite late and I remember watching it the next day after getting back really late.
    A mate phoned me and said he'd seen me on the programme as it went to a crowd shot straight after Matt Clarke lifted the trophy.

I had it transferred to DVD a few years ago and funnily enough it turned up when I was sorting through some stuff at the end of last year and I had a little look at it. Just watched some of it again and did a quick search on YouTube and found the very programme, the quality isn't great though.

I remember it as if it was yesterday.
    Took my youngest daughter, the first and only game she's ever been to. Had her face painted up outside Wembley, didn't bother with the ale inside the stadium. We were back early enough to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Great day out. Remember us getting into Wembley at 1ish and seeing the beer prices: "We're not paying that! **** em!"

2 hours later - completely pissed!

Well spent though - full day of party. One of the best Millers days I can (vaguely) remember...
    It was 5 cans of Stella for a Fiver at the off-licenses at the bottom of Wembley way. Spent a tenner stood on Wembley Way and just soaked up the atmosphere, it was red hot.

I can remember just thinking to myself I cannot believe we are here, the Millers at Wembley ffs!!! It felt great to feel that way and I think it’s quite fitting that that’s the most we have ever taken to Wembley 22K. That novelty has gone as we’ve been quite regular visitors over the last 10 years.

That said although I absolutely loved 96 the play off final with Orient has been my favourite....

Up to now 😎