+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke Manager Not Happy

Sour grapes.I heard his pre match press conference.The usual stereotype big club manager describing us as physical and direct.With the players he has at his disposal he thought it would be a cakewalk.We have a lot more to our game than he thought and he wasn't very complimentary to us but it's all about different opinions,he has his version.If they don't go up,it will be mismanagement on his part because I think they are as good as any team we've played this season.

He’s probably in shock that they didn’t turn us over

Tbh when they started putting subs on I did think we’d lose but credit to the lads for giving their all

Classless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Classless.
    He's Grumpy King of the potteries Grumps.

Piss poor giving us no credit. They could be grateful they scraped a point in the end if that last min shot of tree had gone in. That would have been a classic hattrick to tell your grandkids about if it had!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    He's Grumpy King of the potteries Grumps.

Piss poor giving us no credit. They could be grateful they scraped a point in the end if that last min shot of tree had gone in. That would have been a classic hattrick to tell your grandkids about if it had!
    Too right Roly. Too right pal.

I love the way he describes our style, with ''the direct balls into the box'' like it's a slightly frowned upon football tactic, that only inferior teams employ.
    Particularly bearing in mind the two goals they managed to score for themselves were direct balls into the box.
    Oh hang on my mistake, he did help me out there when describing one of them, ''a brilliant cross for the second goal'' apparently.

Stoke fans are blaming this miserable feker for poor selection and the wrong formations.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Stoke fans are blaming this miserable feker for poor selection and the wrong formations.
    They only play one way away from home and it's not hard to work out.

He said they scored 3 good goals.

The first goal was a wicked deflection off our player. Classic error though by our own defender being caught facing his own goal.

Their second from our perspective was also a shocker. Normally food and drink for our defence allowing Baht a free header.

Their best player scored their third. If he hadn’t been playing we would have won easily.

As it was, looking back we could have scored 6 and there would have been no complaints from their side, although I am sure their manager would have done. Remarkable considering Stoke had only conceded 6 goals away from home all season before this game.

Lady Luck is not smiling on us at the minute. Derby won against Bournemouth with a goal scored by a player, who should have been sent off against us, but unfortunately Stevie Wonder was the ref. Stokes’ first was a total fluke and the last gasp effort from Crooks was sublime. The spin he put on it was brilliant. Another day that would have gone in.

We are getting used to this league and many of the lower teams still have to visit NYS so I feel that we will have the firepower to survive this time round without worrying about other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    He said they scored 3 good goals.

The first goal was a wicked deflection off our player. Classic error though by our own defender being caught facing his own goal.

Their second from our perspective was also a shocker. Normally food and drink for our defence allowing Baht a free header.

Their best player scored their third. If he hadn’t been playing we would have won easily.

As it was, looking back we could have scored 6 and there would have been no complaints from their side, although I am sure their manager would have done. Remarkable considering Stoke had only conceded 6 goals away from home all season before this game.

Lady Luck is not smiling on us at the minute. Derby won against Bournemouth with a goal scored by a player, who should have been sent off against us, but unfortunately Stevie Wonder was the ref. Stokes’ first was a total fluke and the last gasp effort from Crooks was sublime. The spin he put on it was brilliant. Another day that would have gone in.

We are getting used to this league and many of the lower teams still have to visit NYS so I feel that we will have the firepower to survive this time round without worrying about other teams.
    I think we need at least two more players to survive ? One more strong mobile left back / wing back and one more energetic goal scoring midfielder !
    Yes we could do with a striker but think there is little chance of us getting anybody in who would make a difference?
    We have used seen our rivals make ***** transfers in eg QPR Charlie Austin, but this type of player seem behind our means ?
    Therefore one more attacking energetic midfielder might be slightly easier to find ? We need cover there because our high pressing game seems to run out of energy after about 60/70 minuted and that’s when we get pushed back to far. Shaun MacDonald although a very good player is not that type of player and is the only available cover for this area ? So we need at least one more in that area !!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast