+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NL Clubs meeting this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    In theory - yes. But if the season were played to a finish, and that finish (due to COVID and bad weather) were to be mid-July or later then it would be chaotic for any clubs being promoted or relegated. To give promoted clubs a chance to strengthen, I think the NL season has to end at virtually the same time as L2 does.
    That's the problem - because of promotion and relegation issues we have to stay in sync with the EFL. It won't be easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's the problem - because of promotion and relegation issues we have to stay in sync with the EFL. It won't be easy to do.
    We are already 10 games behind most L2 clubs!

Keep it going, tell clubs they must fit a fixture in where possible, bring forward a fixture if two teams have a free Saturday or Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Keep it going, tell clubs they must fit a fixture in where possible, bring forward a fixture if two teams have a free Saturday or Tuesday
    Exactly what I've said. If there is any hope at all of finishing the season, games have to be played whenever there is an opportunity whatever the fixture list says. No fans are going to be inconvenienced, so just get on with it.

Exactly what I've said. If there is any hope at all of finishing the season, games have to be played whenever there is an opportunity whatever the fixture list says. No fans are going to be inconvenienced, so just get on with it.
    This should have been the policy from the start of the season.

I agree entirely, but don't think it's quite as simple as we think it might be.

It would need to be done by the league (shudder) and obviously the teams who have played fewest would need to be given games first. Ideally you need to keep the number of games that clubs have played to be as similar as possible.

I wonder how much the DCMS's thinking over the grants/loans issue is influenced by how badly the first round of funding was handled. Ultimately it's public money and although it's bad news for Notts you could understand why the government aren't keen to hand over another grant.

Anyways it's now being reported that the option of the league taking on the loan is off the table which means tomorrow will probably be the last game of the season. Disappointing, but given how little we've played over the past couple of months it stopped feeling like a season quite a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    In theory - yes. But if the season were played to a finish, and that finish (due to COVID and bad weather) were to be mid-July or later then it would be chaotic for any clubs being promoted or relegated. To give promoted clubs a chance to strengthen, I think the NL season has to end at virtually the same time as L2 does.
    Personally it would not bother me in the slightest if Notts gained promotion in mid July, and had little time to prepare for L2, better that than another season in this hole

Yeah that is a worry.

Here is where flexible thinking needs to come in why cant league one/two clubs start the season abit later Sept/Oct ?

My thinking the later the start more chance of people being vaccinated and so bigger crowds.

It wont work this way as common sense has gone out the window, they still plough on with the top leagues just racing to finish before the Euros.

The Euros is going to be fun no fans and all the players are going to be gassed, it needs binning like the olympics does.

The opt-out 'solution' suggested by Dorking might have some legs yet. No doubt there's many good reasons why it "can't" be done but no options should be off the table and it would be no less controversial than the PPG idea last season (espeically if you look at how Dover stayed up and how results would have likely played out if they'd carried on).

If it does come to opt-outs, we've dropped six points to Dover and Boreham Wood who would be among the most likely to opt out from the 5th tier, meaning we'd gain on clubs who took points against those teams. We could find ourselves much closer to Torquay than we are now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast