+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Clubs meeting this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Yeovil are unable to play against any club with a vowel in their name.
    They'd turn up for Ntts Cnty

Looks like we picked the wrong year to get relegated to the National League

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Stop the season, promote Nots and Stockport.

Sorted
    I'd rather see Notts and Stockport go up.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Looks like we picked the wrong year to get relegated to the National League
    Is there ever a good year.

BBC piece on the issues emanating from the meeting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55742903

Those loans at 2% over a decade or more might sound tempting to a few clubs methinks.

"Loans would be managed by Sport England and are repayable over 10 years at an interest rate of 2%, although there is thought to be an option for extensions and a payment break."
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-01-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    BBC piece on the issues emanating from the meeting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55742903

Those loans at 2% over a decade or more might sound tempting to a few clubs methinks.

"Loans would be managed by Sport England and are repayable over 10 years at an interest rate of 2%, although there is thought to be an option for extensions and a payment break."
    I can’t see many clubs signing up for the loan option - especially in the National Leagues North and South. Last thing a club averaging crowds of 200 or 300 needs is more debt.

All the National League has ever done is kick the can down the road without looking for real answers. Even this next payment would only cover the next few months for many clubs, offering the prospect of the problem returning in April if fans still aren’t allowed back (which looks highly unlikely).

Of course, the irony is that the sums we’re talking about are probably the annual salaries of a few overpaid Premier League stars.

I wonder if anyone has done the maths on the10 yr loan at 2%. I am prepared to be corrected but I get the following on a 10 year loan for £100,000. Figures are approximate £50,000 would be half my figures
    It will need a repayment of £12,250 per year or about £1,025 per month throughout the year
    At least £10,265 will be paid in interest in the 10 yrs
    I estimate it will take about 1,020 paying supporters each paying £12 per home game to service the loan for the year so on gates of 500 it will take 3 home games to clear the annual payment. Over the 10 years the entry charge will rise so the pain reduces!
    I don’t know enough about football finance to judge how affordable this is to clubs but to me it would possibly ok for Notts but unaffordable to any club averaging much less than crowds of 1,000, but at 2% it is a lot less than they can borrow from a bank.
    Of course the sting in the tail is that the loan will have to be used to pay back the loan as most clubs will likely have little or no income until towards the end of the year at best. It does not look like a good deal to me especially for small clubs who might already have loans and small gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has done the maths on the10 yr loan at 2%. I am prepared to be corrected but I get the following on a 10 year loan for £100,000. Figures are approximate £50,000 would be half my figures
    It will need a repayment of £12,250 per year or about £1,025 per month throughout the year
    At least £10,265 will be paid in interest in the 10 yrs
    I estimate it will take about 1,020 paying supporters each paying £12 per home game to service the loan for the year so on gates of 500 it will take 3 home games to clear the annual payment. Over the 10 years the entry charge will rise so the pain reduces!
    I don’t know enough about football finance to judge how affordable this is to clubs but to me it would possibly ok for Notts but unaffordable to any club averaging much less than crowds of 1,000, but at 2% it is a lot less than they can borrow from a bank.
    Of course the sting in the tail is that the loan will have to be used to pay back the loan as most clubs will likely have little or no income until towards the end of the year at best. It does not look like a good deal to me especially for small clubs who might already have loans and small gates.
    Yeah I think it's about that, I get £919.32 pcm over 120 months @ 2% apr so £11,031.84 pa.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    ·
    31m
    At present, the National League expects clubs to fulfill fixtures.

There's significant risk for any club refusing to play at this stage.

If they are deemed to have breached rule 8.39, they could be punished with expulsion, a 3 points deduction or a fine.

National League financial crisis worsens with Concord Rangers unable to play fixtures
    Rangers’ chairman Antony Smith says club cannot play until 'clearer instructions' of financial support are given

"I have chaired our club now for just over 20 years and during that time we have never borrowed a penny and we certainly would not be looking to start now," Smith said after the initial funding meeting."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...box=1611239550

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast