+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Clubs meeting this afternoon

This has been a **** show from start to finish. I said in another thread that FT teams like Notts will want to carry on as our outgoings won’t change much and that the people that will lose out are those who work in the office at ML if the season is cancelled. The players will continue to be paid. Clubs like Havant and Concorde will be paying players on a pay as you play basis so stopping the season for them would have little impact.
    The knock on effect for a club of our size could be catastrophic. Put another way if we had any previous owner from the last 10 years or so, that would be us done.

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    ·
    54s
    Latest from Notts County on the National League. Ardley hopeful the season will continue but has concerns that, if it is scrapped, it could jeopardise the relations with the EFL over promotion. Story to come.

According to Bayliss, the vote is only for the NL to get an idea of what clubs think. The NL board members ultimately make the decision and could therefore go against the majority. Apparently they asked clubs not to go public with how they voted but a fair number of them have (all 6th tier I think).

Hungerford Town chairman....

"Not sure that taking unilateral action is the right thing to do when there are 66 clubs involved and the National league and FA are fighting our cause as we speak. We should remain united and carry on lobbying for grants and see what comes back from tomorrow's meeting."

Meanwhile........

Stockport County, after manager Jim Gannon left the club say 'This has been an extremely difficult decision for the Club’s Board to take & not a decision taken lightly. The decision is not results based but is centred around culture'

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Meanwhile........

Stockport County, after manager Jim Gannon left the club say 'This has been an extremely difficult decision for the Club’s Board to take & not a decision taken lightly. The decision is not results based but is centred around culture'
    Blimey that's interesting! Let's hope there's no new manager bounce forthcoming though.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-01-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    We could see what Yeovil are up to that day.
    Hiding from Notts I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Meanwhile........

I wonder if it is because of his refusal to do interviews with Sky, because they wouldn't mend his box?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey that's interesting! Let's hope there's no new manager bounce forthcoming though.
    Indeed, it will be interesting to hear what the 'culture' issue is.

Maybe they tapped Ardley up at the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I wonder if it is because of his refusal to do interviews with Sky, because they wouldn't mend his box?
    Not sure I'd like to go anywhere near his box either.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast