+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drinkers Like me

Wow Mick its quite frightening I suppose, when you look at it that way. And yes without realising it, Im supping again now as I type.

We are all a certain vintage on here, and probably at the time of life that we know our youth has long gone and things will only get worse. If we live long enough we will probably end up in nursing homes being washed and fed, so that's something else to look forward to.
    The Pandemic has brought a lot of people's attention to their own mortality, but the chances of themselves dying was 100% before the pandemic, nothing has changed.
    Most of us will die from other things than Covid, that's the good news.😉

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We are all a certain vintage on here, and probably at the time of life that we know our youth has long gone and things will only get worse. If we live long enough we will probably end up in nursing homes being washed and fed, so that's something else to look forward to.
    The Pandemic has brought a lot of people's attention to their own mortality, but the chances of themselves dying was 100% before the pandemic, nothing has changed.
    Most of us will die from other things than Covid, that's the good news.😉

You cheery f ucker Des!! You are right though and when your number is up - it’s up regardless whether you are fit and healthy and don’t drink or drink and eat to your hearts content.

Watch going for a walk in this weather - a tree branch could fall on your head and you could die! That’s reality!

'Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die' or whatever the saying is. Just don't have too much of either or tomorrow may come around quicker than you think.

I'll be perfectly honest, although I've cut down I still drink too much both in terms of volume and regularity. I also exercise pretty much every day yet acknowledge physical fitness is no silver bullet.

I'm aiming to cut back on the hop and the grape. I don't eat to excess and don't gamble (beyond questionable life choices). I don't do drugs and I only smoke when I'm on fire.

Life would be even more miserable for me during these miserable times without at least one vice though.

I just need to appreciate that one vice a little more but on fewer occasions so I can appreciate those around me for longer.

Stay safe folks.

I am a 'drinker' as are the vast majority of the folk I've met. Never thought of any of them as a problem drinker and I'm not aware of drink being a factor any of their various ills.

Excessive food is far more commonplace problem. I put the pounds on between 35 and 55 which was the time when I ate most and drank least of the previous 20 years. I still really enjoy my food I just eat sensibly most of the time with the occasional treat.

My routine in more normal times is 3 pints with 3 mates on a Thursday, 3 pints on a Friday this time with wives and share of a bottle of red on a Saturday. Don't often drink outside of this.

Last year there was only one occasion when I really did drink to excess. It was the 1st day out of lockdown and my mates birthday. We had a few pints outside the pub and then he invited us back to his garden where he had a 'shedfull' of beer. Well after we finished that we helped the girls with their wine. My rendition of Maggie May that afternoon was something to behold which the neighbours will testify to.

That was the day in 2020 when I had the most fun that year and I reckon it did me nothing but good. Firmly in the 'a little of what you fancy does you good' camp me.

Those who totally deny themselves life's pleasures like a beer or bit of chocolate might believe they live longer I just think life is such a drag it just appears to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)