+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How did you find this site?

How did you find this site?

following on from pat-
    how did everyone else find this site?

i found it as it was bookmarked on my sons laptop,

whether he just observed or joined in - i've no idea.
    i could imagine him joining in giving his 2penn'orth

he loved jose - at the time when he was truly the "special one" and his favourite non newcastle player was adrianio

i remember not long after i joined someone commented about a couple of young uns who used to come on and seemed to have disappeared - i wondered if he was one.

I found it quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Was looking at Newcastle news online and the news bit of the website came up, with the board as an add on.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

I can't remember, tbh. I think I had Googled NUFC forums and this came up. I started reading it and liked what I read. Lurked for quite a while before thinking it was about time I posted something.

We've had our share of fantastic posters and some outright knobs too. I suspect quite a few of the old posters still read it but don't post-largely because of the malaise that surrounds everything to do with the club. I think if we do get a takeover we'll see a lot of familiar faces returning....and that would be great.

Until then, it's up to us all to keep making the forum the canny place it is.

Was this board originally Talkofthetyne.com and we were all migrated here?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I recognise the name but I don't think so.

As I told in a previous thread my eldest son put me in touch with this site. Although he was born in Surrey he's as much an avid fan as myself having been taken to away games from the age of eight, meeting my cousin, born in Kent via his dad, my uncle, born in Gateshead, and his son, Mr. Maker of kids TV.

It's surprising how many dedicated fans you meet at away matches born in the south or midlands but with family connections still in the Newcastle area. We come across quite a few of them regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    Talkofthetyne is still going strong and has recent posts on.

I think this must be my fourth account as I joined way back in '09 first time around - the reset password/send to mail function hasn't always worked on this site...

I joined because I fell in love with everything NUFC and used to read the news on Footymad, and the front page had a link to the forum. Back then the forum was very lively and full of all kinds of characters. It's still full of good people, but in terms of quantity it was something else back then - or that's how it felt.

Now I don't read the news on Footymad, I just go directly to this board

i found this site about 18 years ago by reading another site, it might have been the nufcblog site I'm sure it had a list of forums/blogs sites for Newcastle.
    The banter used to be top notch back in the day, a hell of a lot more posters back then like.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)