+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Riddance Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I have a number of friends and family there and go quite often, its a great place to visit but id never move there
    The longer I stay there the more the shine comes off, America is very superficial, shiny & lovely on the outside and old decrepit falling to pieces on the inside

You're totally right about tipping once had a waitress chase me out of a restaurant because I tipped less than 15% i just rounded it up and thought that's over 10% which is crazy to me

I don't think Obama was weak, but he wasn't a "balls" out kinda guy

Also agree with you about the footie, I know a number of expats out there, play footie when I go over and they love Orlando, quite the atmosphere too

Your right about being chased out - once we had a awful meal and the waitress was completely false so we left nothing and she followed so out and screamed!

I was at the Orlando match when West Brom were there a few years ago in a ore-season friendly - never had so much fun and beer - we actually went from the pub in a hired golf cart about six of us singing s hit on the villa and had a great laugh. Good crowd for a friendly too as was about 15,000. Locals were brilliant with us but you certainly would not want to mess with them in their fan zone - all playing drums and huge fat guys!

I love spending time there and would buy a place but couldn’t live there permanently as more problems there than here! Take San Fran - beautiful city but never ever seen so many homeless people on the streets - anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Your right about being chased out - once we had a awful meal and the waitress was completely false so we left nothing and she followed so out and screamed!

I was at the Orlando match when West Brom were there a few years ago in a ore-season friendly - never had so much fun and beer - we actually went from the pub in a hired golf cart about six of us singing s hit on the villa and had a great laugh. Good crowd for a friendly too as was about 15,000. Locals were brilliant with us but you certainly would not want to mess with them in their fan zone - all playing drums and huge fat guys!

I love spending time there and would buy a place but couldn’t live there permanently as more problems there than here! Take San Fran - beautiful city but never ever seen so many homeless people on the streets - anywhere!
    If you want to view the homeless try Brisbane.

Beautiful city but down and outs litter the place sadly, they just sleep through most of the day on the pavement in the shade.

I don’t mean to make a joke of it but there are worse places to be on your uppers, nonetheless I found it profoundly sad.

The other man's grass is always greener, or appears to be.
    Like others i have been to the state's and a lot of European countries, but as an holiday maker so you only see the good sides.
    I remember being in Llorett when i was 18, it was like Blackpool with the weather, English and Scottish bar's and Disco's all along the front. But we were told just to stay on the holiday part and not stray around the back streets behind it.
    After a few weeks anywhere i can't wait to come back to England.
    Our country is far from perfect but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Couldn’t agree more

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The other man's grass is always greener, or appears to be.
    Like others i have been to the state's and a lot of European countries, but as an holiday maker so you only see the good sides.
    I remember being in Llorett when i was 18, it was like Blackpool with the weather, English and Scottish bar's and Disco's all along the front. But we were told just to stay on the holiday part and not stray around the back streets behind it.
    After a few weeks anywhere i can't wait to come back to England.
    Our country is far from perfect but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Never been to Aus and I guess mistakenly thought they were really good at dealing with people and the welfare system from what I’ve heard
    im wondering if I’ve confused that with NZ

surprised to hear this tbh

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If you want to view the homeless try Brisbane.

Beautiful city but down and outs litter the place sadly, they just sleep through most of the day on the pavement in the shade.

I don’t mean to make a joke of it but there are worse places to be on your uppers, nonetheless I found it profoundly sad.

'Good riddance Trump'. I thought exactly the same whilst sat on the bog this morning. I'd have preferred a dump but as beggars can't be choosers I'm Biden my time until later.

By every definition, Trump is a Sociopath, and to have someone with mental heath issues as leader of 'Free World' gave me the shivers. Like in football, the 'Fit and Proper' test needs updating.

However much Trump is reviled, he did have one thing going for him. He wasn't a Lawyer.

The HoP and the Senate are almost exclusively occupied by them, and I for one think this is disproportionate. I get the case that they are suited to adversarial politics, but it just feels they are a self serving clique.

I don't have an answer, but I am resigned to nothing changing in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Glad to see him go - nasty piece of work!

I can see Kamala Harris being President next as she’s a very sharp cookie. Biden comes across as a genuine guy and a hundred times better than Trump. I just question how a 78 year old can run one of the biggest super powers in the world and can see Harris even taking over before the end of the 4 years!

Sad all these gun crazy nutters going around and militias but sadly no President will solve the right to hold arms over there - it’s inbred!
    after trump if Biden the best they can come up with out of a country of more than200 million god help them ,trump was a loose cannon didn’t give a **** for nothing or nobody.biden just another puppet for the money brokers of America. which most presidents are.plus he’s no friend of the U.K. he’ll be gone in 2years or less so they can have the first woman president.best of luck to them there as well.

Trump had some good policies, pressure on cheap foreign imports was helping to bring blue collar jobs back to the US, the majority of those who voted for him were from this group, if you have ever driven through the mid west, all of the industries that provided security jobs and a sense of community disappeared under a wave of cheaper imports. His pledge to reverse this is why he gained a strong following, his pledge to reduce the nepotism that is rife in US politics also resonated with voters.
    Ultimately his god complex was the reason he failed, he only listened to advice from himself or those he handpicked with the same view, policies on COVID, WHO, and the environmental denial were appalling. Had he taken sane advice he would have been re elected.

I’m convinced that had not COVID come along, Trump would have won re-election by a landslide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)