+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Donald has left the building!

Donald has left the building!

Wonder how Mr. and Mrs. Biden feel about sleeping in Trump's bed tonight, doesn't bear thinking about.

I don't have any particular political leaning but I'm certainly glad to see the end of this loathsome man and his Presidency and I feel that's the general consensus of America and the rest of the World. His approval rating on leaving office is the lowest ever, 29%. The worrying thing is that 29% of Americans actually approve of him

I try to ignore it Cam cos it dunt interest me.
    Im not kidding myself here that he/Biden loves us Brits (which he dunt), so we should still be careful with this bloke abaart shekking hands on certain things.
    I dunt know, so tell me why will he be sooo much better than the Trumpster ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I try to ignore it Cam cos it dunt interest me.
    Im not kidding myself here that he/Biden loves us Brits (which he dunt), so we should still be careful with this bloke abaart shekking hands on certain things.
    I dunt know, so tell me why will he be sooo much better than the Trumpster ?.
    TBH he would have to try very hard to be worse.

Not the Democratic way but someone needs to get a grasp on these 'protests' that continue to wreak havoc in city centres leaving them looking like the apocalypse has arrived. Happened again last night in Seattle where a group of so called 'anarchists' had the run of the city. Not a fan of police force but must admit I'm itching to see them 'pop' one of the 'protesters' who are making the lives of everyone else a misery.

I thought our system was bad but a new President can come in and immediately reverse 4 years of policies with a few signatures, how ridiculous is that? And those policies certainly weren't all bad.

Yes Trump was loud and obnoxious but the way you concentrate on style over substance is a bit shallow, this is how Blair got in. Hurray, we've got a President who's good at reading an autocue again.

Just for the fact that he didn't start any new wars makes Trump the best President for a long time IMO.

I'm sure we'll all be glad we have a fantastic autocue reader as American President will be great comfort to the families of the British soldiers killed in the forthcoming war they will drag us in to.
    Last edited by great_fire; 21-01-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I thought our system was bad but a new President can come in and immediately reverse 4 years of policies with a few signatures, how ridiculous is that? And those policies certainly weren't all bad.

Yes Trump was loud and obnoxious but the way you concentrate on style over substance is a bit shallow, this is how Blair got in. Hurray, we've got a President who's good at reading an autocue again.

Just for the fact that he didn't start any new wars makes Trump the best President for a long time IMO.

I'm sure we'll all be glad we have a fantastic autocue reader as American President will be great comfort to the families of the British soldiers killed in the forthcoming war they will drag us in to.
    Policies are something that are developed through due process. I don't ever remember due process being followed with regards e.g. withdrawing from the Paris Accord or the WHO so it's just one executive order reversing another in the same way other Presidents have (including Trump).

As for substance over style. If there was any substance then his style wouldn't have been so prominent but he just blundered his way from one topic to another. Do you realise he also used autocue? He did put quite a bit of effort into playing golf and that wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so sh!t at that too.

Just one opinion of course but the whole country seems to be 'uplifted' today. Maybe I shouldn't be watching the evil mainstream media and find myself some right wing conspiracy sites

So whatever Biden does a Republican could come in in January 2025 and undo it all on his first day of office and that's fine?

Doesn't seem like there's much point to being in power to me.

And what are those pardons about? How can the President just overrule the courts and let people go like that?

I guess I wasn't aware of how messed up the American political system was until now.

I still judge American Presidents mainly on whether they drag the UK into foreign wars though and Trump didn't do that, the jury is still out on Biden.

You can't really blame Trump for the Antifa rioting either as it only happens in Democrat-run cities, usually ones where Soros funded the campaign of the elected DA, where they know they will be immediately bailed out.
    Last edited by great_fire; 21-01-2021 at 05:49 PM.