+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody getting out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo_the_Bear View Post
    would that not suggest that this is very infectious and if we didn’t have lockdown this would be a lot worse than it is now and if you don’t think that would be the case what would you or what do the folk you quote on here suggest should be done instead of what’s happening now
    The underlined bit is exactly what the government and their advisors will come out with.

Unfortunately for them however there is clear evidence that lock down doesn't work but none that not locking down would be any worse.

Essentially it's speculation that it'd be worse if there was no lock down, same as the famous R number - total guess work.

Non UK resident visitors coming from overseas should have been stopped immediately, returning UK residents should have been in supervised isolation for two weeks on return from overseas, Covid infected elderly patients should never have been moved from hospitals to care homes in some strange attempt to reduce numbers in hospitals and create capacity which is only just being filled now like it would have been in any normal winter whilst the elderly spread the virus to their vulnerable mates in the care home, vulnerable people should have been told to stay at home and resources thrown at them whilst the rest of the vast majority of the healthy population got on with it.

Too late for any of that now though, stable doors wide open on that lot, what needs to happen now is the governments need to admit they got it wrong and implement as best they can policies designed to get the country back to normal, not their perceived 'new normal' as that will never be, but 'normal' normal where people are free to make their own decisions based on the risks they see and that they are 'advised' of rather than having these dictated to them. We've been treated like children from the start, told how to wash our hands FFS, now we're being treated like naughty children and being told it's now all our fault for not doing what we were told. Reality is we did what we were told and the problem lies much higher up the food chain than the guy visiting his mate's house for a drink or the guy going out to Schiehallion for a day's walking.

You'll ask, quite correctly, what I suggest should be the policies implemented to get the country back to normal. Well if I was an overpaid, privileged arsehole of a minister sitting in the bar at Westminster I'd maybe have to think about that - but I'm not, I'm a normal guy sitting in my house desperate to get life back to normal before any more people sink into deep depression and take to drink or kill themselves.

The spin applied to the data we're being fed also irks but that's a whole new rant.

Rros this is no a pop at you as I can see some of your points regarding lockdown but I would say ultimately I don’t agree with most, but you rightly say cases are going up despite lockdown and that lockdown doesn’t work but would that not suggest that this is very infectious and if we didn’t have lockdown this would be a lot worse than it is now and if you don’t think that would be the case what would you or what do the folk you quote on here suggest should be done instead of what’s happening now
    People have been having a pop since before dabs used to play dress up......It's water off a ducks back biffo...Lol.

I don't really expect folk to agree, not with the amount of propaganda that's been incessisently hurled at them.

I value liberty and freedom above everything. Freedom and liberty is life imho and although we are not living in a 1984 type world yet the speed at which we a hurtling toward it terrifies someone like myself.

Most "cases" ain't cases at all that's the point, the pcr test should NOT be counted as a case as per the world health organisation instructions.

It's the only tome in history we have locked up healthy people, people who have serious underlying or are elderly should have had every protection under law to work from home or not work and be shielded.

Even now sage are saying the vaccine isn't enough and we need "herd immunity".....remember that? Remember the outcry.

This is now a seasonal virus.....we will be let out in summer locked up in winter unless people say enough......all my opinion and what I've read.

Mr Hitchens tells the story of the man having a wasps nest in his loft.

He decides to burn his house down to cure him of the wasps nest.

He sets fire to his house and burns it down, the wasps fly off and land on his neighbours house.

His neighbour says why did you do that you have no house and the firestarter replies smugly "but I've no wasps either"

That to me sums up lockdowns.

Hancock, Johnson and sturgeon are the firestarters.

The cure that's not a cure is worse than the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The underlined bit is exactly what the government and their advisors will come out with.

Unfortunately for them however there is clear evidence that lock down doesn't work but none that not locking down would be any worse.

Essentially it's speculation that it'd be worse if there was no lock down, same as the famous R number - total guess work.

Non UK resident visitors coming from overseas should have been stopped immediately, returning UK residents should have been in supervised isolation for two weeks on return from overseas, Covid infected elderly patients should never have been moved from hospitals to care homes in some strange attempt to reduce numbers in hospitals and create capacity which is only just being filled now like it would have been in any normal winter whilst the elderly spread the virus to their vulnerable mates in the care home, vulnerable people should have been told to stay at home and resources thrown at them whilst the rest of the vast majority of the healthy population got on with it.

Too late for any of that now though, stable doors wide open on that lot, what needs to happen now is the governments need to admit they got it wrong and implement as best they can policies designed to get the country back to normal, not their perceived 'new normal' as that will never be, but 'normal' normal where people are free to make their own decisions based on the risks they see and that they are 'advised' of rather than having these dictated to them. We've been treated like children from the start, told how to wash our hands FFS, now we're being treated like naughty children and being told it's now all our fault for not doing what we were told. Reality is we did what we were told and the problem lies much higher up the food chain than the guy visiting his mate's house for a drink or the guy going out to Schiehallion for a day's walking.

You'll ask, quite correctly, what I suggest should be the policies implemented to get the country back to normal. Well if I was an overpaid, privileged arsehole of a minister sitting in the bar at Westminster I'd maybe have to think about that - but I'm not, I'm a normal guy sitting in my house desperate to get life back to normal before any more people sink into deep depression and take to drink or kill themselves.

The spin applied to the data we're being fed also irks but that's a whole new rant.
    Well said.

I find it difficult to comprehend that you have the best brains in countries all over the world, and the best medical brains of countries all over the world, and apart from a vaccine , no one has a solution.
    China , with over a billion people, are now back to normal ?
    wTF is going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I find it difficult to comprehend that you have the best brains in countries all over the world, and the best medical brains of countries all over the world, and apart from a vaccine , no one has a solution.
    China , with over a billion people, are now back to normal ?
    wTF is going on ?
    I wouldn't believe anything that comes from the Chinese communist party.

Thing is Deecom the vaccine isn't a solution from lockdowns, they are readying us for that.

What is going on is media and public sector led frenzy into changing this country forever.

Just listened to Bath rugby club who had 19 positive cases with pcr test but turns out 18 of them were false positives.

Some people actually prefer living like this than normal life, only a change in public opinion will move both Govts and I can't see that happening to the spring.

When you see normally sane people wandering around with masks on outdoors there's almost no hope.

When they eventually have the balls to end the furlough scheme maybe then people will realise the economic catastrophe that will unfold.

Who will ever open a new business again.

All fair enough replies lads I’m still no sure if what the government are doing is the right thing or not it definitely seems excessive at times and when I read stuff like I did yesterday saying keep everything shut until may I just think surely no, after everything we’ve had to deal with regarding lockdown for the last 9 months I can understand people’s frustrations, you guys to me have put forward you’re reasons for your take on the matter and I can definitely see where you’re coming from infact I do think some of these things myself at times but I don’t suppose the covid 19 situation is gonna be solved on DeeMad but it’s good to hear the thoughts of you guys as I work with a couple of conspiracy theorists and there a conspiracy for everything that happens in the world and it’s a hard listen at times

All fair enough replies lads I’m still no sure if what the government are doing is the right thing or not it definitely seems excessive at times and when I read stuff like I did yesterday saying keep everything shut until may I just think surely no, after everything we’ve had to deal with regarding lockdown for the last 9 months I can understand people’s frustrations, you guys to me have put forward you’re reasons for your take on the matter and I can definitely see where you’re coming from infact I do think some of these things myself at times but I don’t suppose the covid 19 situation is gonna be solved on DeeMad but it’s good to hear the thoughts of you guys as I work with a couple of conspiracy theorists and there a conspiracy for everything that happens in the world and it’s a hard listen at times
    Good reply.

Neither govt even have an exit strategy never mind mind implementing that strategy.

It's just more of the same.

Biffo I honestly hope we ain't in lockdown next winter, tier systems are history, people are smiling and looking forward again, we havnt all been taxed to hell, pension age aint 72, all our savings are still intact and dundee are back up playing in front of a packed raucous Derry and all my fears have been proven wrong.

We will see.

What I cannot comprehend is that you have the best brains and best medical brains in countries all over the world,
    And apart from a vaccine, no one has a solution ?
    Yet as posted on here, China , with a population of over a billion people and 4000 deaths from covid, life is back to normal ?
    WTF is going on, how do they manage to control covid , or are they ?
    I'm missing something here.

Cheers Rros... yeh it will be good to get back into the Derry at some point just hope the stairs have got easier to climb but somehow I don’t think they will have

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)