+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody getting out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    WTF is going on, how do they manage to control covid , or are they ?
    I'm missing something here.
    China had a lockdown which was enforced religiously, the UK didn't because Johnson craves popularity more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    China had a lockdown which was enforced religiously, the UK didn't because Johnson craves popularity more than anything else.
    I find your response less than convincing.

5000 deaths in England's care homes since the vaccine was made available but you won't hear about it on here because the 3 Stooges can't blame Nicola Sturgeon. They don't give a phukk.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I find your response less than convincing.
    I find your constant defence of covid-deniers baffling so there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I find your constant defence of covid-deniers baffling so there we go.
    Sorry, don't think anyone who posts on here is a covid denier. They question the treatment that is being prescribed by both Boris and Nicola.

There are 3 covid-deniers on here but I was more referring to the likes of Hitchens.

Did you know, 3000 people have been killed by buses in the past 2 days in England, really shocking.

Taintedice, you could make points to take the discussion forward. I think Boris and Nicola are responsible for where we are. They choose what policies to adopt. If you think that their choice of policy is failing to solve the issue what is wrong with asking questions or suggesting alternative policies.
    We have a 3 generation household and the oldest generation staying safe at home would be undermined if the other younger generations were going to school and running about at work.
    Lockdown works for us, but for many many households it places enormous financial and social pressure on them.
    I think it should be possible to discuss this issue without worrying about how we got here. We are where we are and it seems we have no road map out. That's the point that Rross and Deeranged have been making. They point out how low the number of deaths are. In Scotland it's less than 6000 out of a population of about 6m. There is now talk about herd immunity being created by the vaccine. If herd immunity is actually possible then the vaccination process will be the way lockdown will be avoided. Do you believe that herd immunity is possible.

Retired doctor nailed it for me on the problem with a lockdown there, basic medical principles.
    Do no harm.
    "You can't harm someone by preventing something that might harm them, that's the wrong way round"
    Says the govt have been selective and narrow minded in whose advice to take.
    Hard to argue with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Retired doctor nailed it for me on the problem with a lockdown there, basic medical principles.
    Do no harm.
    "You can't harm someone by preventing something that might harm them, that's the wrong way round"
    Says the govt have been selective and narrow minded in whose advice to take.
    Hard to argue with any of that.
    They have been selective in the extreme, how many times can Ferguson be wrong? Still there pedalling his nonsense.

An example yesterday on the stuff they put out......new strain is 30% more deadly.

They take a very small sample age group 60 -62 year olds and say that there is a 13 in 1000 chance of dying after contracting rather than 10 in 13.

Dig a bit deeper and this is on a sample of 8% of the deaths of 60 to 62 year olds.

Now the amount of 60 -62 year who have died must be small, those who have died with no underlying almost miniscule.

Technically 30% is correct but jeezo it's fear mongering.

10 in 1000

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)