+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody getting out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    What lockdowns? If the vaccines work as well as anticipated, Scotland should be down to a handful of deaths by spring, like last July/August. At that point, there will be no reason for the pubs and restaurants to be closed, for sports grounds to remain empty. I also imagine the UK-wide furlough scheme will end in April so no choice but to have folk back to work anyway. Will we all be allowed to pile into boozers, 5 deep at the bar, probably not. Will we be allowed to go on pub crawls around the toon, probably not. If those are things you get angry about, not much to be said.

There also needs to be some recognition of the people who are most impacted by this, people not in the same social circles as Hitchens and Brewer. People living at the thin edge are disproportionately affected by disease, always have been always will be. They deserve protection, not forced to go out and work in environments where worker protections are non-existent at the best of times.
    You sound like Jeremy Corbyn and his left ing sidekick John McDonnell.

The bought and paid for right-wing commentators have been dialling back on the covid-denial, so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think you should be confident that the politics will change. I am sure that someone on the scientific teams will realise that there has to be a change in approach. We have had pressure on icu beds in the NHS every winter for years. I think the statisticians will find a way to claim victory. It will need the vaccines to be delivered and I think that will be the catalyst for a change of tune. I don't think we will get or should attempt to have a post mortem. That goes for both Westminster and Holyrood. We need to kiss and make up in an effort to get everyone pulling together. It's kind of like the trouble that McPake was in at the start of the season. Get a few wins and the criticism drops away to the e tent that the club feels as though it is in a good place. At least it does, to me, expecting there will be other views, but the principle is the same, win a few and the mood improves.
    Councils powers to keep us in lockdown have been quietly extended till the end of July.

That will be 4 months after every 70 year plus has been vaccinated in England and probably a fortnight before every centanariun has been vaccinated in Scotland.

They ain't letting us out of this.

The film the perfect storm springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The answer from NHS Tayside was that SIX people had died solely from COVID-19 in NHS Tayside hospitals during the period 20th February 2020 to 20th December 2020.
    The levels of stupidity and ignorance in your posts is increasing, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Biffo,
    I do not know if you read a previous post by me a week ago where I quoted the details of a freedom of information request to NHS Tayside and the answer which was on another forum under the topic COVID-19. The screen shot of the FOI was removed by the mods on that forum and the topic deleted. The person who posted his screen shot was told that his FOI was misinformation. He sent me a PM telling me as I had replied to his post.
    The FOI asked how many people died in Ninewells Hospital Dundee solely from COVID-19 during the period 20th February 2020 - 20th December 2020.
    The answer from NHS Tayside was that SIX people had died solely from COVID-19 in NHS Tayside hospitals during the period 20th February 2020 to 20th December 2020.
    The question the media should be asking Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnston is why the U.K. and Scotland is being closed down when there are only a relatively small number of deaths of people suffering solely from COVID-19.
    This problem will not be solved on Dundee Mad but at least we can put forward our opinions without fear of the mods shutting the topic down.
    You should try setting up a topic about the COVID-19 lockdown and the way out of it on the DBF and see how you get on.
    Hi Islay, tdb forum has very strict no politics rule, which is best for that forum, IMO. As for the Ninewells deaths I think there must be more to the statistic but unless the discussion comes onto this forum I don't think there's much chance of discussing it.

Hi Islay, tdb forum has very strict no politics rule, which is best for that forum, IMO. As for the Ninewells deaths I think there must be more to the statistic but unless the discussion comes onto this forum I don't think there's much chance of discussing it.
    I know someone who works at Ninewells in a relatively senior position. She tells me the ICU has never been stretched and that deaths due to Covid are not nearly as high as people might imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Councils powers to keep us in lockdown have been quietly extended till the end of July.

That will be 4 months after every 70 year plus has been vaccinated in England and probably a fortnight before every centanariun has been vaccinated in Scotland.

They ain't letting us out of this.

The film the perfect storm springs to mind.
    How will they cope with the General Election for Holyrood? If I was an MSP I would force a vote to delay the election until we were covid free. SNP are in the minority so why don't the others simple apply their democratic power and delay things for a wee while?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I know someone who works at Ninewells in a relatively senior position. She tells me the ICU has never been stretched and that deaths due to Covid are not nearly as high as people might imagine.
    I think this is a very common perception. I imagine if your contact is one of the large number of staff involved in ICU there will be lots and lots of people who have been given a similar message. It isn't difficult to see this message being replicated right throughout Britain. There is a difference between the way things feel when you are at the coalface, as it were, and being part of the management team.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I am told exactly the same from someone who really couldn't be more at the coal face.

In fact probably in even more sceptical and scathing language.

How will they cope with the General Election for Holyrood? If I was an MSP I would force a vote to delay the election until we were covid free. SNP are in the minority so why don't the others simple apply their democratic power and delay things for a wee while?
    The greens are SNP with beards.

Same arse different cheek.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)