+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O T Covid

My eldest daughter is a nurse at Derby Hospital, her husband has been sceptical about covid, and has had to isolate a couple of times because of contact with fellow workers. He was not happy about that and was still not convinced that such a virus existed. Yesterday my daughter was tested positive for covid, and despite being on the front line has still not had her vaccine injection.

I think he is now converted to the fact that it does exist.

"What we are seeing is the result of year's of neglect of our NHS by successive governments and now we are paying the price. I think our NHS and it's wonderful workers deserve a lot more than a round of applause on a Thursday evening."

I don't think you can put the blame for this virus at the door of the NHS through neglect. Foreign travel will have had a major impact on the spread of Covic.

It may not be perfect but in general they do a fantastic job. Having said that, my Mother was one of the casualties at Stafford Hospital back in 2007. Read the report about the neglect there!!!!

We found a cure for smallpox and various other serious diseases and I feel confident that we will find one eventually for this. Who knows this might be the start of a fantastic new industry, an industry where we could lead the World in research.

I hope and pray that my daughter recovers, and both can get back to work .

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    My eldest daughter is a nurse at Derby Hospital, her husband has been sceptical about covid, and has had to isolate a couple of times because of contact with fellow workers. He was not happy about that and was still not convinced that such a virus existed. Yesterday my daughter was tested positive for covid, and despite being on the front line has still not had her vaccine injection.

I think he is now converted to the fact that it does exist.

"What we are seeing is the result of year's of neglect of our NHS by successive governments and now we are paying the price. I think our NHS and it's wonderful workers deserve a lot more than a round of applause on a Thursday evening."

I don't think you can put the blame for this virus at the door of the NHS through neglect. Foreign travel will have had a major impact on the spread of Covic.

It may not be perfect but in general they do a fantastic job. Having said that, my Mother was one of the casualties at Stafford Hospital back in 2007. Read the report about the neglect there!!!!

We found a cure for smallpox and various other serious diseases and I feel confident that we will find one eventually for this. Who knows this might be the start of a fantastic new industry, an industry where we could lead the World in research.

I hope and pray that my daughter recovers, and both can get back to work .
    I'm not criticising the NHS or it's worker's, my criticism was aimed at successive governments who have underfunded and neglected it, despite statements from the WHO who warned that a pandemic such as this was imminent.

Sincere best wishes to your daughter Abbo, I hope she makes a full recovery.

Cause of death is the same for everyone - being born.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    got to hand it to the government, they have nailed this immunisation lark .

come under fire for the way the pandemic has been handled , but as we speak some 11 million folk have
    now been jabbed...glad we left the EU, we would probably be still waiting ...

I know no health care system is perfect, but I envy nations that have at least a semblance of a national one. Makes organizing something like a vaccine rollout much much simpler and easier for everyone.

Nation of 66million or so had 11 million get at least their first dose by this past weekend. Meanwhile, the US had less than 10% get their first dose by this past weekend. Chicago at only 2%! New York about 10% as of a couple days ago. Absolutely embarrassing over here. I work in education and I'm supposed to be getting my first dose Saturday. But it's been a cluster**** in terms of organization here.

My Wife & I had our Covid-19 vaccinations (O-AZ) yesterday. In spite of the fact that we were told to go at any time in the afternoon, it was very smooth & well organised. No idea when we are scheduled to get our 2nd dose. The only symptom is a slightly sore arm (not helped by the "friendly" punch from my body-builder Son!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)