+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Jones loan departure

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good one, will we be fetching Pickering in 😉
    We can live in hope.!
    £600k should seal the deal, now where can we find that amount of cash?

Even if we're paying 50 % of Jones wages it's still a saving and a reduction in the squad of 25.

It’s a shame we got him so late in his career and suspect to so much injury time out of the team.

Always admired him when fit to play, a good solid professional. Good luck with his future career and life.

Yep good professional but past his best

Jones was a massive massive disappointment.

Thought he was a great signing.

Truth is e was garbage from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    He started with them timber so going back home. There is summat poetic about footballers finishing at the clubs where they started particularly if they have done well in their careers.
    I know what you're saying Roly but it can also taint memories of players. I think back to Gerry Forest and Andy Williams returning to us. Both brilliant first time of asking, very average upon their return.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I know what you're saying Roly but it can also taint memories of players. I think back to Gerry Forest and Andy Williams returning to us. Both brilliant first time of asking, very average upon their return.
    It's called the Bobby Mimms effect! Can also possibly be applied to managers, RM for example?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's called the Bobby Mimms effect! Can also possibly be applied to managers, RM for example?
    I suppose it’s a case of “better the devil you know”

Great move for Billy who never really got to playing much for us due to injury. I would go as far as saying that I doubt he was ever 100% match fit while with us. He has been a good footballer in his time and I wish him all the best for the future.

At one point you wouldn’t dream Warney would send Jones out, has someone finally told him to use his head more?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    At one point you wouldn’t dream Warney would send Jones out, has someone finally told him to use his head more?
    The exiting of Vassell and Jones do seem to be logical, sensible moves. Let's hope that we can bring in a couple of quality additions. Left fullback/wingback and striker would be fantastic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast