+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Billy Jones loan departure

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It’s a shame we got him so late in his career and suspect to so much injury time out of the team.

Always admired him when fit to play, a good solid professional. Good luck with his future career and life.
    Agree. Ironic and sad that he’s had such injuries when he sounds like a model pro who just wants to play.
    There was a time when we could often get an experienced top pro at the back end of their career (Gow, Grealish, Varadi etc). Nowadays it rarely happens but this guy took a 90% pay cut when joining us as he just wanted to keep playing at as high a level he could. Saw too little of him but on the occasions he played i thought he played well. Also widely reported how good he’s been to have around the club with helping coach young players.
    I wish him well and wish there were more like him (all be it luckier with fitness).

Yes I too thought he played well for us when he was available, but it's now time for him to go and sit on someone else's treatment table.
    Good luck for the future Billy.

Yes good luck to him.

Shows you how much of a financial risk us involved with football and transfers. When you add up his wages and other costs and compare that to minutes on the pitch it looks like a financially bad deal.

But that's football

BBC has him signing yesterday and today or did we have two players with the same name?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    BBC has him signing yesterday and today or did we have two players with the same name?
    That”s the bbc for you..

[QUOTE=DK_NY;39679414]Agree. Ironic and sad that he’s had such injuries when he sounds like a model pro who just wants to play.
    There was a time when we could often get an experienced top pro at the back end of their career (Gow, Grealish, Varadi etc). Nowadays it rarely happens but this guy took a 90% pay cut when joining us as he just wanted to keep playing at as high a level he could. Saw too little of him but on the occasions he played i thought he played well. Also widely reported how good he’s been to have around the club with helping coach young players.
    I wish him well and wish there were more like him (all be it luckier with fitness).

This^^^^^^^^^

Bloody heck Billy’s played more minutes today than he did with us all last season !!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Bloody heck Billy’s played more minutes today than he did with us all last season !!
    Which is interesting

Played a full game and Artell thought him fit enough to go straight into the starting line up

It's true that on average championship players are more skillful but are they any fitter than your average lower league player?

Even those with poor injury records?

Give it 2/3 weeks and he,ll be in Crewe Infirmary

Eventful debut for billy. Lost his man for there first. His cross/chip Hit the post and Crewe scored from the rebound

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123