+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Heaton on Sky after match tonight

Tom Heaton on Sky after match tonight

I couldn’t help but smile when he was answering the questions after the game. Deep down you could see how pleased he was, but also he seemed to be ready to burst out laughing at the way Burnley won the game.He was beaming all through the after match inquest and who could blame him. His ties with Turf Moor run very deep- deeper than the Mersey itself !!!

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but before the start of the game I thought Heaton was talking about Grealish being back in the England team and that Grealish said, "Right lets get Pope back in goal for us", I'm sure he said that, anyone else hear it ?

Great listening to Tom, you know where his heart is!

We have a history of good and great goalies, we must be the only team to have 3 England keepers on their books at the same time, and I thought Beresford was great, Blacklaw aside, oops and Harry Thompson worked wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    We have a history of good and great goalies, we must be the only team to have 3 England keepers on their books at the same time, and I thought Beresford was great, Blacklaw aside, oops and Harry Thompson worked wonders.
    On the other hand Chris, I can still picture Roger 'No Hands' Hansbury in goal for us, better known as Dracula, we've had one or two bad 'uns as well.

You've got to take the rough with the smooth sinkov, how about dancing Chris Pearce and Wayne Russell, both big hearts but not quite there.?

We could go on all night about our keepers Chris, I loved the Dancing Keeper, sorry to see him go, a true legend. I could never quite work out Nik the Greek, from short range he was a phenomenal shot stopper, but after a while I began to realise I'd never seen him even get close to a shot from outside the box, I reckoned his eyesight was going and his distance vision was shot at.

I'd forgotten about Nick though as we moved to crete his presence at BFC was significant even though his form wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On the other hand Chris, I can still picture Roger 'No Hands' Hansbury in goal for us, better known as Dracula, we've had one or two bad 'uns as well.
    Alan Stevenson was a favourite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but before the start of the game I thought Heaton was talking about Grealish being back in the England team and that Grealish said, "Right lets get Pope back in goal for us", I'm sure he said that, anyone else hear it ?
    What he actually said Alto was that, "Grealish came back to Villa Park after training and being with England and told Tom you could not get a ball past Pope in training!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)