+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Survival just became a tad more difficult.

Survival just became a tad more difficult.

Well, we need another football thread, don’t you think? Anyway, tonight Liverpool lost at home for the first time since the reign of Henry XVIII but the real problem is that Burnley move three points further away from us, with a game in hand, I believe. Perhaps our new signings, made up of an assortment of journeymen, will transform our wretched form into top six standard and suddenly, we will have witnessed the greatest escape of great escapes. Does such a scenario seem somewhat far fetched? Well no, a certainty compared to the likelihood of the required number of PL standard players materialising at the behest of Luke Dowling, unless maybe, he has enlisted the assistance of Debbie McGee to execute the incredible ‘players out of a hat’ trick! Exciting times ahead, the end of COVID, the pubs open again, Brexit prosperity and scintillating football at the Hawthorns; I can’t wait.

I must have missed a few Henrys in my history lessons!

For us to stay up we need to finish above 3 teams. Sheff Utd are already below us, Fulham are a point above us and we still have to play them at home.

Then we need one more team to drop like a stone. Probably a Brighton/Wolves/Leeds/Newcastle. A couple of those sides are in awful form.

I'm not saying we will stay up, the odds are firmly against us. I'm just saying there is a pathway. We need to win some games though.

In our next 10 we play Burnley, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton. We probably need to win at least 4 of those - and we must beat Fulham and Brighton at home.

In our next 10 we play Burnley, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton. We probably need to win at least 4 of those - and we must beat Fulham and Brighton at home.

Sadly we’ve only won two games all season, so to win 4 out of the next 10 is asking a lot for a team that concede goals for fun and have nothing up front, and it’s looking like nobody wants to sign for us in the transfer window, Lai and his pals plus Dowling and the Allardyceasaurus need to go ASAP, we need to rebuild sooner not later

Its been really disappointing the way teams in form have not showed up against our competitors at the bottom. Leeds all guns blazing till they played Brighton. Arsenal totally ineffective against our rivals till they play us just as they are picking up. The Burnley result? Well you could almost be mistaken for thinking its part of some Prem plan to remove this "Unpopular club" called West Brom but I think not, its just the way it goes sometimes. I'm looking forward to new ownership in the hope it will be more Ambitious and competitive. I remember thinking when we finished 10th with Pulis "Great a few top signings now and we can kick on next season" Nothing. No Ambition, none whatsoever. Bilic had the same this season. No help. And now? All I Keep reading is "Major update in West brom's pursuit of a striker".......and its ALWAYS...Its not going to happen. Still hoping for a good run at some point but also waiting for a Major shift in the clubs philosophy, but then I'm 60 now and still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Its been really disappointing the way teams in form have not showed up against our competitors at the bottom. Leeds all guns blazing till they played Brighton. Arsenal totally ineffective against our rivals till they play us just as they are picking up. The Burnley result? Well you could almost be mistaken for thinking its part of some Prem plan to remove this "Unpopular club" called West Brom but I think not, its just the way it goes sometimes. I'm looking forward to new ownership in the hope it will be more Ambitious and competitive. I remember thinking when we finished 10th with Pulis "Great a few top signings now and we can kick on next season" Nothing. No Ambition, none whatsoever. Bilic had the same this season. No help. And now? All I Keep reading is "Major update in West brom's pursuit of a striker".......and its ALWAYS...Its not going to happen. Still hoping for a good run at some point but also waiting for a Major shift in the clubs philosophy, but then I'm 60 now and still waiting.
    Good post, but sadly I fear we won’t see an improvement in our lifetime, things might even get worse before they get better, let’s hope the ‘new owners’ are football fans not just business men looking for a quick buck

If palace paid us for the dancing mascot, Our owner paid his £5m debt and Barca paid the Barry fee.
    Wouldn't this have been a big help in the transfer window.

Its the hope that kills us. Ive not given up but maybe im just in denial
    What a sad lot us fans are.
    Still were all hooked like junkies wating for our next fix.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)