+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy Jones

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Promote the academy but not the coaching side ???
    Big topic and I said I was in favour of how Dario did it a Shav and that was basically to give local and players from other clubs the chance to get fit and play football. ie to allow natural development of their natural talent. Jimmy Greaves said the same thing and his managers some were not even at the game and were playing golf according to him lol. Cat3 academies allows us to do all that at a vastly reduced cost and why 90 odd percent of lower league clubs opt for cat 3. Otherwise they would opt for Cat 1 or 2 wouldn't they. Some even think 'coaching' can be detrimental to that development as they try and tell them to play by numbers. Rodney Jack was taken on as a 'coach' here and how many players with his skills did we see as a result?

I am certainly not in favour of toddler teams and coaching. The big difference between non league and league is natural ability otherwise they would all be PL standard. The managers are not coaches per se but tacticians and 'how' to win matches.

But a big subject as I said.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-01-2021 at 09:08 AM.