+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I agree about Ben, a smashing player who, because of his involvement in the game, will always be prone to the odd error, possibly because he is organising the other defenders as well as doing his own job.
    Tarks is a decent player but I feel that he does switch off from time to time and this is where Ben keeps him going.
    No complaints from me about either of them because they both put a shift in.
    I agree about Ben, when I highlight his regular clangers, it's because he is such a sound, reliable player that he's the last player you'd expect to be making these mistakes, and even more bizarre is that the vast majority are self-inflicted, under no real pressure and they almost always lead to a goal scoring opportunity for the opposition. He should wear a Ballotelli T Shirt, 'Why Always Me', and I don't know why, he's so bloody good for 99.9% of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Captain Fantastic.Since he's come back we have been a much better team. I'm willing to put up with his odd mistake as he pulls the team together. A great player who will be talked as a legend in later years.. You are right though Sinky,if the guy had scored it would have been a different result. Time we had a lucky break or two.. Surprised we got the penalty as well.
    His captaincy was clearly missed earlier in the season. He was captain of the Manchester City team that won the FA Youth Cup in 2008 and clearly has leadership qualities. There was little doubt he would take over the captaincy once Tom Heaton had departed for Villa. Has also represented England at Under 21 level but I agree with BT that he won’t get a call up to the senior England squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree about Ben, when I highlight his regular clangers, it's because he is such a sound, reliable player that he's the last player you'd expect to be making these mistakes, and even more bizarre is that the vast majority are self-inflicted, under no real pressure and they almost always lead to a goal scoring opportunity for the opposition. He should wear a Ballotelli T Shirt, 'Why Always Me', and I don't know why, he's so bloody good for 99.9% of a game.
    Having a well earned rest today with 9 changes from the team that started against Liverpool. Only Tarks and McNeil keep their place, although I am not surprised at all and I see that Ashley Barnes is not included on the bench either.
    Sad to say but it is a bit of a nothing game in the grand scale of things.
    I just hope that Ben does manage to have a complete break!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)