+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt palmer

Matt palmer

His career seems to be going further and further down hill !

One of Warney worst signings along with Proctor and ??

Signed by Swindon played one game and got shipped out to Wigan, sat on the bench there and can’t even get a run out as a sub!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    His career seems to be going further and further down hill !

One of Warney worst signings along with Proctor and ??

Signed by Swindon played one game and got shipped out to Wigan, sat on the bench there and can’t even get a run out as a sub!
    Have to agree, Palmer was a scurrying terrier and not much else. Slight fleet of looking he just might make something then nothing. They come they go such is football.

Proctor - Think you're being a tad unfair there. Proctor when fit and playing was a real handful and I for one liked his application for us. Such a shame he has been blighted by such awful injuries throughout his career. Understand he's got his own junior football business school, good luck to him when all the kids can attend.

Purrington - Good or bad signing, we'll never know as Warney hardly played the lad. Seems to have done okay for himself at Charlton. 300k badly spent? I believe we didn't get that much back for him either.

Don’t think he was ever going to be great but slightly surprised he’s come to this.

Agree Brin about Proctor
    I thought Purrington was a good defender, don’t think Warney thought he was good enough at going forward but still I think he made a mistake in letting him go

Ben Pringle.
    Struggling to get in Morecambe,s team

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Don’t think he was ever going to be great but slightly surprised he’s come to this.

Agree Brin about Proctor
    I thought Purrington was a good defender, don’t think Warney thought he was good enough at going forward but still I think he made a mistake in letting him go
    Proctors record to me says he was a bad signing ! I could add Shaun MacDonald, Curtis Tilt, Trevor Clark and XXXXX that other midfielder who hardly got on field for us ? These make Billy Jones appear like a regular !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Proctors record to me says he was a bad signing ! I could add Shaun MacDonald, Curtis Tilt, Trevor Clark and XXXXX that other midfielder who hardly got on field for us ? These make Billy Jones appear like a regular !
    Are you gru under another pseudonym?

Alex bray was terrible,for a winger he couldn’t beat an egg.given a 3 year deal....to warne”s defence it was early in his tenure whilst cutting his teeth in management..think most managers make some bad one”s early doors..and he certainly was..

Warney's teething issue goes on! Every window some more to add to the picking up wages for nothing list! Not all but enough.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Ben Pringle.
    Pringle is nearly 33 though and his lack of pace was always going to be an issue the older he got. I would imagine he had a couple of decent deals via Fulham and Preston so might have been a pretty decent career by the time he has done. Palmer on the other hand has been on the slope since the age of 23.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Ben Pringle.
    Looking at Ben Pringle stats he played 147 games for Rotherham ! as many as all his other teams put together ! winning his only honours in the game. Wonder if he regrets leaving RUFC ? I seem to recall when he left saying he didn’t know which way the club was heading ? On reflection it was Ben who didn’t understand where HE was going !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast