+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vydra off - King in..?

Except ones slow , clumbersome , off side a lot , and needs service from wide

The other is quick skill full , has great close control and a better brain

I’ll leave you to work out which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    King would fit in very well. Apart from the FA Cup win against Oldham, when he started and scored twice, he has started just three other games and come on as sub in 8 and has been prolific in scoring NIL goals.
    Own up, you've been hacking our recruitment team's emails haven't you Sub ?

Looks like this might happen...

Vydra out, Deeney in...

https://the72.co.uk/216816/watford-l...s-matej-vydra/

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Except ones slow , clumbersome , off side a lot , and needs service from wide

The other is quick skill full , has great close control and a better brain

I’ll leave you to work out which is which.
    Last season in the PL the slow cumbersome offside one started 29 games and scored 14 league goals in a team whose fans moan about because they are defensive.
    The other one plays for an attack minded team who even our own fans raved about for playing attractive football and he started 24 games and scored 6.

I'll leave you to work out which is which.

Last season in the PL the slow cumbersome offside one started 29 games and scored 14 league goals in a team whose fans moan about because they are defensive.
    The other one plays for an attack minded team who even our own fans raved about for playing attractive football and he started 24 games and scored 6.

I'll leave you to work out which is which.
    Well said Sub.Not an improvement in my book.We need a young Danny Ings or Charlie Austin type.The young kid Brooks at Bournemouth would be a great acquisition.
    Maybe even this man in Budapest who is now out of contract:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT0CQ6yUqQA

Or if the new owners want to push the boat out then this lad would not come cheap but he is the real deal:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBU626Tg9A
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 23-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Since the takeover I expect it is all about statistics and the recruitment team are all hunched over their computer screens analysing how
    many yards (metres) every player runs,how many back passes,how many fouls etc etc ad nauseam

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Well said Sub.Not an improvement in my book.We need a young Danny Ings or Charlie Austin type.The young kid Brooks at Bournemouth would be a great acquisition.
    Maybe even this man in Budapest who is now out of contract:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT0CQ6yUqQA

Or if the new owners want to push the boat out then this lad would not come cheap but he is the real deal:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBU626Tg9A
    The first one CiB is about the same age as what we have and the video shows some good goals, however, the standard of the opposition is questionabe.
    As far as Dominik Szoboszlai is concerned, I reckon that it will take a bit longer to prise him away from RB Liebzig and when/if he does make the move it will be way beyond our means.

The first one CiB is about the same age as what we have and the video shows some good goals, however, the standard of the opposition is questionabe.
    As far as Dominik Szoboszlai is concerned, I reckon that it will take a bit longer to prise him away from RB Liebzig and when/if he does make the move it will be way beyond our means.
    What about Brooks?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    What about Brooks?
    Would be a good acquisition but I can't see Bournemouth letting him go because he is now an integral part of their squad.

Deeney ? King ?

Not for me, Deeney is past it, King seems very lazy at times plus he wants £125,000 a week for being so.

We have new owners, we don't want to "Just Make Do", if the owners promise of backing Sean Dyche is fact, we need decent players, not £35 -£80 Million players, but better than the 2 above.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)