+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Apparently its not just the players that dont know the rules....

Apparently its not just the players that dont know the rules....

After all the claims and counter claims about Citehs first goal, someone on another forum ( I know, I shouldnt be reading other forums) put up a copy of Rule 11 to prove their point about the incident, but the bit I noticed was (and Im not quoting directly but), that when considering if a player is offside the hands and arms are IGNORED. So the VAR officials at several games this season, including at least one of ours, dont know their own rules, proof, if it were needed, that either training levels or, god forbid, deliberate corruption within the men in black needs sorting pronto. I really hope its the former, cos I dont even want to contemplate the latter, thats Bongo territory!!

'They don't know what there doing"

"Their" Dave

Blast.....😳

Might even be they're??? Dunno for sure I aint bin to skool for a very long time, and I probably didnt take enough notice when I did! Whatever, the principle statement is very much correct, they certainly don't.

oldskool you are correct - Dave, I am a muppet, sincerest apologies sir!

I was once told, if people can read what your writing, don't worry about the spelling 🤔

That's a great point Dave!

Atson vllia aer hte Grateste taem in hte Cuonrty.

Its a test but you can understand what is being said also the spelling is pants. The brain takes it onboard and computes it.

My spelling and the way my thumbs have to type, get me into all sorts of trouble at work. 🥴

In full agreement with you both about, understandable first and foremost. I can remember (just) when at primary school in the 60s they tried a new teaching aid called ITA, in the english department, it had come over from the states I think and involved writing how stuff sounded and that being ok, which only worked until we were tested on our reading and spelling using mainstream test papers at the end of term!! I reckon we as a school year lost about 8 months on our peers at the time, think it might have made me a bit sensitive to the odd pselingl istakem

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)