+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match on or off tomorrow?

Match on or off tomorrow?

We'll know by mid morning no doubt as MK Dons will need to be told very early on. I live about a mile from the ground and the snow has cleared off the hard surfaces like roads, paths and drives but is till on the grassy areas and so would think the GR pitch would be the same. I suppose it depends on what happens overnight and forecast Sat pm?

Can't see the match being in danger. A little bit of snow is not a problem. More problem likely to be the pitch turned to mush. Depends whether they've had it covered. No rain tonight or tomorrow. Possible early frost but there should be plenty of give in the pitch. No supporters, so no hazards for H&S.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    We'll know by mid morning no doubt as MK Dons will need to be told very early on. I live about a mile from the ground and the snow has cleared off the hard surfaces like roads, paths and drives but is till on the grassy areas and so would think the GR pitch would be the same. I suppose it depends on what happens overnight and forecast Sat pm?
    Not sure what any of it has to do with MK Dons.

Ooops sorry...I'm having the vaccine next week which may improve my short term memory because I have no trouble recalling my day out away at Barrow 1961 ish LOL...Odd they are now back in the league after all that time!

Two things. 1. We're playing AFC Wimbledon and 2. There is no snow on the ground at all. Covers are on and if temperatures are as forecast overnight, the game will be on.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Two things. 1. We're playing AFC Wimbledon and 2. There is no snow on the ground at all. Covers are on and if temperatures are as forecast overnight, the game will be on.
    Looking a bit grim at the mo...

You are a harbinger of doom Mike!
    According to the guys removing the covers, the pitch is good to go, temperatures have risen, snow is being removed etc. Its a time issue in a race for 3pm.
    Is your glass ever half full!!

Game on!!!

Hey thanks for the update Brian. I am actually the opposite and a half full chap that always tries to look at the bright side of life despite all the challengies we all have. BTW I've not seen your son post on here for a while and hope he and his family and in fact everyone is doing OK in these testing times we have.

All the best everyone and look forward to the dulcet tones of Graham McG...and another win of course!