+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Norwich City Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Having a difficult time mentally with what we are living through and this afternoon has lifted me massively .
    Tha not alone mate. I've been at a low point nar fo months wi certain situations in a domestic capacity. Things like today and the Brentford escape are massive psychologically. Kept me guin a tell thi nar but unfortunately they dunt alter the status quo at ooam.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha not alone mate. I've been at a low point nar fo months wi certain situations in a domestic capacity. Things like today and the Brentford escape are massive psychologically. Kept me guin a tell thi nar but unfortunately they dunt alter the status quo at ooam.
    Stick in there buddy , it ain't a bed of roses mate all of the time to say the least .

Its a difficult time and it does test you it really does .

The end of all this is only months away , summertime and we can get our lives back .

A good holiday , sun on your back and life is very different to this shyte show in January Pass .

All the very best with it , I ain't got a manual I really haven't , if I had I'd have wrote the fecker .

Styles added another million to his asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Styles added another million to his asking price.
    Aye and he's a useful right foot too which for a naturally left footed player is somewhat of a rarity .

He's £10m going on £12m ffs !! .

20 years old , please for fecks sake get the right money for this kid .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Stick in there buddy , it ain't a bed of roses mate all of the time to say the least .

Its a difficult time and it does test you it really does .

The end of all this is only months away , summertime and we can get our lives back .

A good holiday , sun on your back and life is very different to this shyte show in January Pass .

All the very best with it , I ain't got a manual I really haven't , if I had I'd have wrote the fecker .
    Cheers mate and the very best of luck to you too in your crusade mi owd. Problem is that lockdarn and Covid have brought a few things to the forefront of my mind from both a personal point of view and a domestic point of view that med me realise so much abart not only missen, but also things that I turned a blind eye to before and the sacrifice and commitment i make that has gone unnoticed.

I'm a shadow of unfortunately. Put on weight and feel shyte health wise and even more so mentally. Easily done when you realise that you're life is based on summat that means nowt and your opinions mostly count fo nowt.

Thing is, I've realised that trying to mek things work for the kids isn't necessarily the way forward if there's no balance or equilibrium in an adult relationship. They're (my kids) the ones suffering unfortunately and that is not reight. I'm unable to function properly and justifiably as a father and that meks mi guts wrench.

It's not just that mate, its other simple things that people tek fo granted and is not as forthcoming to me as it is the average neurotypical person.

For instance- PonteSteve Personal Messaged me on here when we laiked Sunderland at ooam in the Stendel 18/19 season, massive game and I decided to get a ticket. It were mi 1st match back at oakwell in a couple o years and he wanted to meet up for a beer. Lovely gesture I thought but I just couldn't face it unfortunately. Nowt against Steve (thy a top lad Steve btw) at all and I was a bit evasive in my reply to him. Unfortunately it was more to do with my own battle with autism and the apprehension of social situations. Its bloody difficult but then again, it always was and remains so.

Autism was only brought to light in the event of my eldest daughter being diagnosed with mild autism when she was 4. The more I read up on it, the more I recognized certain symptoms regarding myself. It's a long story mate but it's unbelievably difficult to handle to be perfectly honest. I've not been diagnosed with it because of my reluctance to visit a quack but I certainly fit the profile.

It doesn't upset me that I'm possibly autistic, it upsets me that I'm not understood and very often misconstrued. That's the real battle for folk of my generation. My daughter is far more understood from a social aspect in the present era but not where she can feel totally at ease. My problem is that I've lived with an alter ego and defiance for 30 odd years, most of my life and people are shocked when I tell them I'm most likely autistic and start being my real self.

Apologies for the long post and going O/T lads and lasses but I'm trying to come to terms with some big changes in my life. I shall fight on. I'm born and bred in this tarn and we dunt gu darn too easy du wi

Heres what a Burnley fan said about our match, and its always interesting to read neutral fans views on our matches.

" I watched Barnsley's win over Norwich and they were well worth that win. Acido will be happy because they played really well and forced Krol into a few good saves. Very hard working team and they are through to the next round and face Chelsea or Luton at home. "

I certainly agree we worked extremely hard for that result today, and Id go further and say this was one of our best all round team performances of the season. Against a good Naarich team of course, who will now concentrate on winning promotion.

Pass when things get better I'd like to share a pint or two wi thi .

Not because of your last post but because tha a good kid and we are all tykes .

Absolutely nobody has the perfect life and sometimes we are too hard on ourselves .

If tha does this best then what can anybody do ?

There is absolutely no way anybody is going to judge anybody when you are amongst friends .

If there's any good to come out of the current situation then sticking together and helping each other out has to be top of the list .

Sometimes the little things in life can make a huge difference .

If there's any good to come out of the current situation then sticking together and helping each other out has to be top of the list .

Sometimes the little things in life can make a huge difference .

Totally agree with this sentiment Animal.

We all need to know we are all there for each other in these trying times.

Best Wishes to everyone who is struggling in the current times, really can sympathise. My advice is a good diet, good sleep time and exercise each day.

Excellent win for our boys yesterday and another great team performance. No one can question the effort and commitment from any of the players. Few things I took from the game though as follows;

1. Sibbick didn't look out of place and hopefully will slot back into the squad well. We defended brilliantly as a team.
    2. Palmer was great first half, not sure what Val was referring to about him being tired. Kane looks second best to him right now.
    3. Woodrow was 6 out of 10 again. Val definitely needs to freshen things up by using Morris in that position. Maybe that's his plan for Wednesday?
    4. Frieser's end product is poor.
    5. Mowatt gave his all from minute one and led the team brilliantly. Again, can't question his commitment.
    6. Brittain was brilliant again, especially first half. Styles quality too. However I've noticed that come 65/70mins these two are getting tired and we as a team seem to go backwards a little. Those boys are doing lots of running and as a team we looked tired in the last quarter of the game.
    7. Squad still looks light. In any game at this level if you're bringing on Schmidt or Miller you're going to struggle over the course of the season. Still need some new recruits.

Overall though thoroughly deserved win and proud to watch our team go through!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast