+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Norwich City Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Well played Lads, from start to finish we bossed the game, to lose that would have been a travesty.
    Agree Chop , gave me a reight lift today has that , the performance and quality of our play matched the result which hasn't always been the case this season .

Having a difficult time mentally with what we are living through and this afternoon has lifted me massively .

Yeh football is only a game but sometimes it's more than that too .

Today for me personally was one of those occasions .

We were pressing today. I think the long tactical game he’s played recently wasn’t our bag. Back to the high press today, and it showed what we are good at.

I don't know Pass personally but I reckon he's won a few quid this afternoon and spotted some very generous odds .

Well done Pass mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know Pass personally but I reckon he's won a few quid this afternoon and spotted some very generous odds .

Well done Pass mate .
    I did indeed mate, nice intuition Animal. However, despite the cash I was absolutely delighted with that performance today, a real pleasure to watch. One of the best games of football I've seen from us in many a year. Its difficult to believe the possession stats based on how little threat Norwich possessed. Apart from the underside of the bar effort and a dodgy Collins punch they barely had a sniff despite all their attractive football. Massive well done to our boys for that. They showed defensive intelligence and some real quality attacking football. Should have been over at aif time.

Quite a lot of their possession was in their own final third. Stats can be quite creative depending on how the depth is analysed.
    Up the Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Quite a lot of their possession was in their own final third. Stats can be quite creative depending on how the depth is analysed.
    Up the Reds!
    That emphasizes my point though Poggy. How well the Reds laiked despite 29% possession is a credit to the lads. When we had the ball we had real intent and purpose. We should've scored 3 or 4 today and it wouldn't have been unjustified. I was blown away with our performance today.

Up the Reds!
    To say the least Poggy , 60% of it was passing it back to Krul in their own penalty box because they couldn't get out .

If we cut the mistakes down and play it on the floor we are a match for anyone at this level .

Val needs to trust this group more going forward , today was a free hit given it was a cup tie hence the shackles were removed .

Let em play Val because we look a much better team when we do .

The best we’ve played for a very long time just how we keep that energy and running going quite baffles me.

Barnsley head coach Valerien Ismael told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"We deserved to win and we are in the next round, that was our purpose. We got the job done and it's a great feeling for the guys.

"It will give us confidence and we will see that it is normal for us to compete at this level. If you don't score the second goal it will be tight until the end and in cup games you need luck on your side.

"We kept Norwich contained and it was exactly our game plan. It was an excellent job. The FA Cup is special and that's why we take the competition very seriously. Whoever our opponent is we will be ready."

Canaries head coach Daniel Farke told BBC Radio Norfolk:

"It was definitely not our best performance and congratulations to Barnsley, they deserved to win. Barnsley away is a difficult game at any time especially at this time of year when the pitch is that bad.

"They totally went for this game they started with more or less their best starting line-up and we decided today we needed to rotate a bit more than we would have done for a league game.

"But it was still a strong starting line-up on the pitch and we wanted to go into the next round. I don't want to criticise my team too much, we had chances to equalise, it was possible to win this game and for that we are disappointed."

In Val we trust!

In Val we trust!

Tactically he wo spot on today wo Val. Lessons learned from carrow rd defeat a few weeks agu no doubt. Ok Norwich weren't at full strength but even if they were our shape, pressing and attacking intent wo too much fo any Norwich team today. Superb.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast