+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Nottingham Forest v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Well we've beaten this lot three times on the bounce although they were all played at Oakwell but none the less we have the psychological edge I feel .

Still deep in the shyte are Forest and with the Millers showing some improvement of late they could be taking this all the way to the final game .

That said they are a high budget club with some very capable players and managed by Chris Hughton .

Let's not make today the start of Forest's climb to safety because I'm looking over my shoulders and a win today would just ease my concerns .

Must be injured

I have no idea why Sollbauer has been discarded. Hes the leader and organiser at the back. Some might argue its down to pace but I dont agree thats sufficient to drop him.

On what we know about Sibbick hes another candidate for a calamity like the two who are selected at the back.

I hope im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I have no idea why Sollbauer has been discarded. Hes the leader and organiser at the back. Some might argue its down to pace but I dont agree thats sufficient to drop him.

On what we know about Sibbick hes another candidate for a calamity like the two who are selected at the back.

I hope im wrong.
    Tend to agree with you Ethel so hope we are both wrong.....

I hope im wrong.
    Val's clearly liking what he's seen from Toby and given him the opportunity .

To be fair he does look a better player than he did last season under Stendel .

The question for me is does he look better or has he proven more than Soll?

I agree its the coach's decision, I just dont agree at this moment in time.

He doesn’t seem to like Solbauer or want to give Morris a start? I’d change the system today so I didn’t have to play Kane or bring Odour in and put Styles into the middle?
    Kane hasn’t had a decent game or showed any promise since arriving, he panics too easily and makes poor decisions, such as clearing long when there is an easy pass on, his basic passing is quite poor as well.
    Having said this he will get MOM now lol

The question for me is does he look better or has he proven more than Soll?

I agree its the coach's decision, I just dont agree at this moment in time.
    Personally I feel it boils down to the fact Sibbick offers a bit more pace at the back with Solly probably the slowest player .

Solly's a good pro and has definitely made a significant contribution here but as ever in football things change and in Val's eyes Sibbick is like having a new signing coming in .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    He doesn’t seem to like Solbauer or want to give Morris a start? I’d change the system today so I didn’t have to play Kane or bring Odour in and put Styles into the middle?
    Kane hasn’t had a decent game or showed any promise since arriving, he panics too easily and makes poor decisions, such as clearing long when there is an easy pass on, his basic passing is quite poor as well.
    Having said this he will get MOM now lol
    I'd have thought Morris would have started a game by now .

Today he's gone back to the old faithful of Woodrow , Chaplin and Freiser , not sure he knows his best top three yet to be honest .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast