+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Val Lays It Out Loud And Clear

Val Lays It Out Loud And Clear

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He dunt take any prisoners does he.
    Foooking brilliant !!!
    Very much fits TARN culture.
    IMO - the owners continue to employ fantastic managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    He dunt take any prisoners does he.
    Foooking brilliant !!!
    Very much fits TARN culture.
    IMO - the owners continue to employ fantastic managers.
    You have to be careful with this approach Nudge the big stick is fine but it's not a one size fits all solution either .

The days of Cloughie and Shankly are long gone and even Fergie had to change with the times in the 2000's .

You have to be careful with this approach Nudge the big stick is fine but it's not a one size fits all solution either .

The days of Cloughie and Shankly are long gone and even Fergie had to change with the times in the 2000's .
    Narr !!!
    Foook that.
    Tell the truth how tha see’s it.
    All this puusyfooting around is diluting masculinity.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 22-01-2021 at 09:45 PM.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so foooking what."
    Stephen Fry.

There is always a danger of this backfiring on a manager/coach, if he takes it too far of course. But I think Val is pushing the right buttons and saying the right things still, at the moment.
    I listened to Luke Thomas' comments on his first day at Ipswich and hes saying our style of play dunt suit him and its frustrating etc. Ive tried to stick up for him this season but hes not done himself many favours has he. I reckon hes finished with us now tbh and I bet Val knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so foooking what."
    Stephen Fry.
    Absolutely nothing to do with going all Woke and more to do with the skills of man management .

Tell me to do something at work and I'll tell you to feck off , ask me to do something and I'll do it to the best of my ability .

You spot the difference ?

Stephen Fry hmmmm , I'd offend the fecker in 10 seconds , I can guarantee it .

But that's another story and not connected to your point .

Val bangs on abart professionalism but I think it's very unprofessional what Alex Mowatt is doing off the field with his contract yet Val seems to ignore that.

If Mowatt wanted to stay he'd o committed himself and signed the fekkin contract by nar. This contract has been sat in the oakwell vaults for so long now that it's in danger of becoming an historical artifact. Its starting to get very annoying is this situation and to be honest, as much as i like what Mowatt has done in the last 2 and half years, it's got to the stage where I'm starting to feel apathetic towards the situation. Im not denying that it would be a huge blow to lose Mowatt but I say let's offload him and give one of our bright young midfielders a chance and let the club move on.

Also Val bangs on abart professionalism yet he broke the Covid rules at LASK.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Also Val bangs on abart professionalism yet he broke the Covid rules at LASK.
    Tha reyt theear Pass.

His unprofessional acts in twice breaking Austrian Covid Rules cost the club a six point deduction and got him the sack. I've no respect for a bloke who does that in a pandemic just to gain a football advantage.
    I've also no respect for a bloke that calls out two members of his squad to the news media. Ismael has a full right to evvan opinion abart Thomas but in should be done internally within the club.
    Whether he wins a few games or not is irrelevant to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast