+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Newcastle

I think we van step it up v Burnley, yesterday we were in low gears and still comfortable as for Burnley v Liverpool, it was always an accident waiting to happen, crikey, even the bogrolls got a point up there, not worried v Burley, SJM will be back and Watkins scoring again.✌😁

I'm super happy with the win and our defense was almost flawless. Thought we were a little loose with the passing at times. Ross still getting back to speed and for me, Jack didn't look quite right. Almost hesitant at times with some loose passes and his reaction to a tackle with a soft elbow to the head was uncharacteristic. Lucky not to have that taken further.

Still thrilled with the win though. Spuds days at the Toon must be numbered.

Well Traore didn’t have to do a lot of defending . A good win but we didn’t really have to get out of second gear and thought the lack of intensity from Newcastle had a negative impact on our game particularly in the final third. Newcastle were really quite poor and could be in trouble if things don’t change. All the teams bar Sheffield are playing better than them. Feel for the fans as we know what it feels like but are helpless to do anything about it.

Think we will need to step it up against Burnley and show more imagination around their box. I hope Jack isn’t too injured as no doubt he will be the one to hold the key. If not, it could get very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well done, lads. You were the better team by a country mile and we didn't even deserve nil.

ffs.
    Fair play Zippity - tell your mate Terry Mac to drop in and say hello . Bruce is an awful manager, no matter the form and league positions, as fans you want your team to lay a glove on the opposition and that was us last season against the likes of Leicester & Man City.

Credit to Zippity after some of the noise we have had from the Newcastle forum in the past, we can certainly say we know how you feel cos that was us not so long ago. Dont think anything will change much for them until both manager and chairman/owner are replaced, history repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolvillan View Post
    Credit to Zippity after some of the noise we have had from the Newcastle forum in the past,
    Each to their own, lads-we all have different posting styles and there was a lot of acrimony on our side-me included- after the relegation banners but life's too short and it was quite a while ago now; plus we've got way more serious problems as a club to worry about. Bruce is an appalling manager and, much as some of the sides I watched in the 80's and very early nineties were shite, what I'm seeing now is worse. I don't really need to go into detail about why it's so bad because you lads will know first hand. What I will say is that if he doen't go then I think he'll take us down and bang goes any chance of a takeover regardleess of what happens in the court cases.

As for your team, it's hard not to look on with envy...in fact it's impossible. If you listen to almost every pundit talking about us then our expectations are way too high and it's a myth that is repeated so often it's passed into truth for them-and for a lot of fans of other teams. The reality is that we want, ostensibly, what you've got-a manager and a team who try their best who play attractive, exciting football and try to make the best of what they've got. As the banner unfurled in the Gallowgate said "We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries". Nothing more complicated than that.

All the best with the rest of your season.

Cheers Zippity, the banter never needs to get personal and I've been on your board occasionally in the past & had no grief. We've had a long period in the wilderness until under great owners, a progressive manager, and a team behind him that know how to recruit the right players & improve them are taking the club back to where we the fans feel it belongs. Before that we were lurching from one drama to the next after O'Neill walked out, keep the faith fella - it'll happen eventually.

Zippity, Your banner comment reminds me of one we had up in the Holte End under the memorable tenure of David OLeary, "we're not fickle, we just dont like you" after he had been bleating to the press about us fans (sound familiar?) The thing I guess you have to hold onto is that as fans no matter what happens you will be there long after the current custodians are gone, good luck for the rest of the season, as long as its not at our expense of course!

I actually thought the 'Sob on the Tyne' was quite witty and so was the 'We're not fickle we just don't like you' banner! I doubt you will see such banter again as it will be made a hate crime or just annoy the snow flakes! I must admit, the Toon guys are totally dejected, no banter, flat, lifeless, not there usual chippa selves but hey, we all go through it. Just try listening to the utd fans, you would think the club was going bust, they actually think they have had it bad......makes me mad 😡 they don't know Jack.....bloody cockneys!
    I mean Chelsea have it that bad Lamps just got the sack😳

I see the Newcastle fans have resorted to our tactics and have launched a cabbage onto the front step at Magpie HQ with a simple message written on it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)