+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid jab

Personally, I think that anyone who refuses a vaccination is aiming a kick in the teeth to all those wonderful NHS staff who are having to deal with all these Covid cases. These people have worked tirelessly to treat people who have severe symptoms of this disease. This vaccination at least allows us to protect ourselves against this virus, thus reducing the pressure on these heroes. I am absolutely appalled at people who don't want to help to eleviate the pressure on the NHS by refusing the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    I'm jabbing folk, 2 days done so far and those of us helping have had a jab ourselves from the leftovers that would go to waste - you get a very sore arm and mild flu symptoms for a max of 3 days, in my case less than 48hrs but paracetamol knocks it all on the head. I had the Oxford one, produced in the same way the flu jab is by inactivating the virus.

If you're in your 80's statistically you are on borrowed time irrespective of Covid so I'd suggest the 23 deaths post vaccination are coincidence.
    I’ll pass on your cheery comment from the last paragraph to my 82 year old mother WCV😆😆⚰️

I'm jabbing folk, 2 days done so far and those of us helping have had a jab ourselves from the leftovers that would go to waste - you get a very sore arm and mild flu symptoms for a max of 3 days, in my case less than 48hrs but paracetamol knocks it all on the head. I had the Oxford one, produced in the same way the flu jab is by inactivating the virus.

If you're in your 80's statistically you are on borrowed time irrespective of Covid so I'd suggest the 23 deaths post vaccination are coincidence.
    Big thumbs up to you.

I'm a group 5 and want it asap!

It's one of those isn't it? I can see both points that people have made.
    I don't think I will be offered it for some time.
    I don't know what is in it, i would assume if it's similar to a Flu jab there would be a small strain of Covid. It's ironic that we are locked down through Covid, and wear masks and wash regularly and then queue up to have some injected into us.
    The developers have have immunity, not against Covid but against anyone taking them to court if they or a family relative should have a serious reaction to the vaccine. The cynic in me asks why they would take out that sort of insurance if it was safe?
    It has been tested and so far the results I believe have been encouraging. But the real test comes when millions are vaccinated, we are the Guinea Pigs. But that has always been the way with medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    I'm in group 5 at the moment,but next week I move into group 4 - Don't know how that pans out in the pecking order !

I am group 4 so should be anytime now but not desperately waiting by the door for a letter. Can WCV who is doing a great job by the way stab that f uckin needle right up Sawyers arse so he moves a bit faster

55 it's not a strain as such, it's a piece of the virus that your immune system can recognise as foreign and produce antibodies to attack it when you come into contact with the intact virus. If mutations continue to express the said piece then we're ok, if it changes or can mask itself into something the body cannot detect and has the same virulence or worse then it's back to square one.

All vaccines carry a risk which has to be considered against the risk of not having it, in my view the latter is worse - more of us now are starting to hear of tales close to home of healthy younger individuals who have died.

Virologist on the radio this morning had this say about vaccine v virus.

Viruses mutate at very different rates and just because they mutate it doesn't follow the vaccine won't continue to be effective.

The flu virus mutates very readily and therefore the vaccine is tweaked every year.

The measles virus mutates very slowly and the vaccine is only altered around every 15 years.

Early signs are that Covid will fall half way between the two.

55 it's not a strain as such, it's a piece of the virus that your immune system can recognise as foreign and produce antibodies to attack it when you come into contact with the intact virus. If mutations continue to express the said piece then we're ok, if it changes or can mask itself into something the body cannot detect and has the same virulence or worse then it's back to square one.

All vaccines carry a risk which has to be considered against the risk of not having it, in my view the latter is worse - more of us now are starting to hear of tales close to home of healthy younger individuals who have died.
    You have a 0.5% chance of getting a severe case of Covid, I would assume that any reactions from a vaccine would be similar.
    We and Italy have high numbers of old people, hence the high critical case's and deaths.
    Lot's of footballers have gone down with it but none as far as I know have ended up in ICU. Being that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or spreading the disease it is pointless giving the jab to everyone.
    Front line NHS worker's,old people and those with underlying illnesses should be the priority.
    I would think that the actual case's of Covid are much higher than those quoted since a lot of people don't have any symptoms at all.
    The case's will continue to rise as more people are being tested.
    While the situation is very serious regarding the pressure on our NHS, the media have made matters worse by creating panic and hysteria. It's not the black death.
    If I was a frontline worker or a person who has underlying health issues I would definitely have the vaccine.

So you are saying that people shouldn't have human rights?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)