+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid jab

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    You don't look it though LB
    Botox works wonders! Only joking.

It's your call Des whether you take the jab or not and no one else's business. When this topic was brought up on here a few weeks back the majority who responded to the thread stated they would not have it. Therefore to get those wavering folks to accept the jab the Government will say that there is now a more potent mutant virus around that will increase mortality
    I was in conversation with one of my main suppliers of text books a couple of weeks ago and he said to me that he will not accept anyone on his premises unless they are vaccinated (when the vaccine rollout is completed). This to me was none of his business whether I am or not. My point in my post was that many of us are going to find a lot of this questioning before we enter certain premises ie transport hubs, cruise ships etc.

One should not have to declare whether they are vaccinated or not, even though the Government has said they have no intention of mandating a vaccine passport but i feel many companies will do the Governments bidding regardless and insist on some kind of vaccination evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Yes Phil, it was a few weeks ago and now the vaccine is being dispensed I just wondered if anyone has changed their mind and had it?
    I know we are all old codgers on here, although one still thinks he's 25.🎣😁
    I’m not in a biting mood today 😏

I'm in group 5 at the moment,but next week I move into group 4 - Don't know how that pans out in the pecking order !

I was in conversation with one of my main suppliers of text books a couple of weeks ago and he said to me that he will not accept anyone on his premises unless they are vaccinated (when the vaccine rollout is completed). This to me was none of his business whether I am or not. My point in my post was that many of us are going to find a lot of this questioning before we enter certain premises ie transport hubs, cruise ships etc.

One should not have to declare whether they are vaccinated or not, even though the Government has said they have no intention of mandating a vaccine passport but i feel many companies will do the Governments bidding regardless and insist on some kind of vaccination evidence.
    It would be against your rights as a human being, just as it is for someone who is black or homo***ual from entering. I can see a lot of court cases coming up if premises go down that road.
    Anyway if you have had the jab and it's as good as they say, you wouldn't have to worry if anyone else has had it or not.

I understand why people think its their own business whether they get vaccinated or not but thats actually a misunderstanding. Yes if you want to get sick and possibly die of covid that is entirely your business. But there are lots of people out there who are immune compromised for any number of reasons. For example, my 23 year old daughter, newly married, PhD candidate, smart, pretty, has her whole rich life ahead of her, has to take medications that compromise her immune system so that she can function everyday. She is constantly at risk from all these diseases that people have decided for whatever reason they dont want to get vaccinated for. If she dies of covid by catching it from someone who could have been vaccinated but decided not to, its no longer just their business is it?

There is no evidence yet that having the vaccine prevents anyone from carrying the virus and passing it on to someone else. Having a significant proportion of the population vaccinated against ChinaVirus is the best path to getting our lives back to something like normality. Also, the workload that ChinaVirus has put on our doctors and nurses has pushed them almost to breaking point, I just think that we all owe them our efforts to reduce the infection rate and get our health service back on track. Next week, it could be any of us that requires intensive care and I’m sure that none of us want to be told that there isn’t a bed for us, or find that there aren’t enough nurses to properly care for us. You may have gathered that I will have the jab at the earliest opportunity.

How times have changed during our lifetime.

Not long before many of us were born young men and women were sent to die in a war outside of the UK with no one gave a monkeys for their rights as a human being. Many of them never again saw their families or loved ones.

Roll forward to 2020 and it is all about my rights as a human being! Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinboy View Post
    Got mine here in the States yesterday. Happy to have received it.
    How’s the rollout going over there now Calvin? Looks like Biden has the bit between his teeth and wants to vaccinate a million a day. I’m hoping to be in New York in June but that obviously depends on how the rollout goes.

I'm jabbing folk, 2 days done so far and those of us helping have had a jab ourselves from the leftovers that would go to waste - you get a very sore arm and mild flu symptoms for a max of 3 days, in my case less than 48hrs but paracetamol knocks it all on the head. I had the Oxford one, produced in the same way the flu jab is by inactivating the virus.

If you're in your 80's statistically you are on borrowed time irrespective of Covid so I'd suggest the 23 deaths post vaccination are coincidence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)