+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay United 23.01.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    It's not really good enough, you are correct.

Why was Wolfe dropped after doing well against Stockport? Why was out new flying winger benched when Enzio was completely ineffective? When was the last time one of Doyle's set pieces was not headed away or actually led to any sort of shot on goal? Why did we create so little with two up front? When are we actually going to have a go at a team?

Why, when we went out and signed another two players recently (can any other team afford to do this ATM?) can we still not come up with a coherent way of playing effective, attacking football? Why are we still weeing in the wind at the end of January?
    I can understand why he started with Doyle and Reeves in the 4-4-2. However, when changes were made I would of liked to have seen Wolfe introduced. I would also have liked to see Enzio replaced by Miller and Knowles come on in a front 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    They were the better team mate.
    I wouldn't say they were the better team, but they got the result they wanted far more than we did.

That's the difference between us, they seem to get a lot of good results, while we seem to get a lot of 'ok' results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    They were the better team mate.
    Now I'd have said we were slightly the better team, no?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Now I'd have said we were slightly the better team, no?
    I agree that we were. Just shaded it, not much in it but they didn't look like runaway leaders

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As I said in an earlier post, that's what will cost us at the end of the season.
    Completely agree. We’ve had too many off days against poor opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sssshhh! You're not allowed to mention the 'D' word on here.
    Unfortunately, there’s quite few others I could replace it with.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    No way. I had you at about 72 in my head.
    No you didn't.

Dover are having a shocking time of it, obviously has absolutely nothing to do with them having a shambles of a preseason which left them under prepared for the season ahead.

Pure coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree that we were. Just shaded it, not much in it but they didn't look like runaway leaders
    They do not have to, they have got the points on the board already . It was down to Notts to win today, Torquay are happy with the point

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Dover are having a shocking time of it, obviously has absolutely nothing to do with them having a shambles of a preseason which left them under prepared for the season ahead.
    Spot on. So how did them having a shambles of a preseason which left them under prepared for the season ahead pan out for the opening game against a team with much bigger resources and a silky smooth pre-season?

Let me guess - there are often freak results on opening day!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast