+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay United 23.01.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As I said in an earlier post, that's what will cost us at the end of the season.
    Yes this hits the nail on the head for me. As others have alluded to in isolation a draw against the team top of the league is not a bad result. Generally we have not been good enough to get automatic promotion thus far, and as I've mentioned on here previously loosing or dropping points to poor sides like Dover and Dagenham put's more pressure on you to beat the better sides.

I'd also add in what will cost us is being goal shy so far this season. From today that's the difference between us and Torquay that they have put games to bed and scored more goals than us on a regular basis and thus have won more matches. Today they didn't look a class above us or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    They do not have to, they have got the points on the board already . It was down to Notts to win today, Torquay are happy with the point
    Spot on. Gary Johnson said as much after the game too....

“It was a good point, not just a good point on the road, but a good point at Notts County,” said Johnson.

“It was important that we stopped them winning the game. We went for it, they went for it, it made for a very competitive game.

There was no time wasting in the game at all because both teams wanted to get a win, which was good, so credit to both sets of players.

“Because it was a bit scrappy, there probably wasn’t lots of fine, beautiful football being played, because both sets of teams were trying to close down very quickly.

“There were a few chances – a few at their end, and a few at our end for them – but both teams came through it, and I genuinely believe it’s a much better point for us than it is for them.”

First home draw, in any competition, in almost a year.
    15th February 1-1 v Woking.

Gary Johnson indeed spot on.

We need to allow for lack of competitive action today. We huffed and puffed and generally defended pretty well. However, there was a lack of creativity and energy going forward and our final ball was poor. We desperately need Roberts back to give us a spark in the final third. We also give the ball away too much in dangerous positions (Reeves in particular!)
    Even allowing for playing against top of the league, we need to improve considerably if we are wanting to challenge for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    They were the better team mate.
    Well I'm sad we didn't win mate but I'm just glad we don't lose thesedays ha ha. I think we can still do ok if the season continues. We'll be ok we're Notts after all

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Your not allowed to say that. Do you have a pitchfork? #agenda? Lol
    No pitchfork for me. I have held my opinion of the manager for a long time (Boxing Day, v Macclesfield to be precise) but of course wouldn't mention him on this thread. It would only upset Laddo.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast