+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay United 23.01.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    No pitchfork for me. I have held my opinion of the manager for a long time (Boxing Day, v Macclesfield to be precise) but of course wouldn't mention him on this thread. It would only upset Laddo.
    Only since then!!! Never wanted him from day 1, but as you do, you give him a chance, but that was very shortlived.
    Don't know what laddo will do when he goes

Other than Alan Hardy who did want him? I certainly didn't, I didn't even know he was an option at the time.

Woody don't hold back on my account nothing on here upsets me other than a Notts defeat. So join the gang, it's really easy over the years to not have faith in a Notts manager. Now is nothing new, sadly.

Irish I will carry on supporting Notts as I have done since the 1980s or since 2006, take ya pick

He was an option when Kewell got the job AH wanted him then but Wimbledon wouldn't let him go I believe

I wish we had Gary Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Johnson is a very good lower league manager, Cotterill is the same. Go higher up the leagues both start to struggle

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Me too.

Unfortunately I don't think he would manage this far north. Just looking at his former clubs and there is real focus on the south and south west.

Can't believe he managed Latvia, not sure I ever knew that.

Yes, I thought Torquay were more ‘streetwise’ than us, which is what you’d expect from a team managed by Johnson.

I thought it was a good game to watch, and a draw was probably a fair result. I'm getting a bit concerned that Ardley's approach of being organised and working hard means that the flair players are spending too much time defending and tackling back and not enough time playing to their strengths. I think that's part of the reason why we've not scored many in recent games.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Only since then!!! Never wanted him from day 1, but as you do, you give him a chance, but that was very shortlived.
    Don't know what laddo will do when he goes
    We won't get out of this crap league with Abbott and Costello in charge. Ardley has had 2 years and not produced any success, only failure.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Other than Alan Hardy who did want him? I certainly didn't, I didn't even know he was an option at the time.

Woody don't hold back on my account nothing on here upsets me other than a Notts defeat. So join the gang, it's really easy over the years to not have faith in a Notts manager. Now is nothing new, sadly.

Irish I will carry on supporting Notts as I have done since the 1980s or since 2006, take ya pick
    Laddo, I have had faith in Notts managers that deserve my faith. I have travelled from Plymouth to Newcastle supporting Notts. From 1982. I want to see a manager with fire in his belly, not the the media savvy gob****e I endure now. It isn't good enough, do you think Ardley is bothered? Just another job for him.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast