+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How fcukin bad was Enzio today!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    A bit of an unfair assessment to the OP I think. It wasn’t his best game going forward but that was mainly down to playing him in that 4-4-2 formation due to us respecting the attacking threat that Torquay posed. Defensively he did really well but he rarely gets acknowledged for this.

This season has seen him play much better, and with more confidence in my opinion, possibly due to the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 formations we’ve opted for mostly this season which has meant the wing backs getting up in support of Enzio. The commentary team picked up on this today too which negates a lot of what is good about our attacking play with Brindley and DKE getting forward.

What is clear is that a 4-4-2 doesn’t get the best out of Rodrigues or Enzio. They both played much better as a 3 behind Wootton. Imagine those two and Roberts interchanging positions and play...it could be lethal, but our lack of goals is really worrying at the minute.
    I told you in my score prediction!
    An important game against a good team.
    We all know that means Ardley sets his team up to be defensive.
    Wide midfield to sit deep and protect the full backs as we worry about their attacking threat.
    Instead of saying go out there and tear them apart we worry about them.
    Mind you against part timers we are very adequate

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agreed combine his reported transfer fee and wages and it's a whole lot of cash obviously we the aim of getting us to L1.

I wonder who wanted and signed him? Nolan or Hardy?
    Whatever he cost, I was chuffed when we signed him, as I’m sure most Notts fans were. But like many of our expensive for us signings down the years, he’s generally flopped.

He’ll get a decent league 2 contract next season, it won’t be anywhere near what he’s on now.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Saldy, for us and him, he's not had the best of seasons.
    I had to think about that whether you meant enzio or the drunken sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Who would you drop for Wolfe?
    Reeves. Offers nothing going forward. Excellent at the backward pass

moron

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Not at all you fcukin tw@t. FFS, it's football.
    And to love football you have to use moronic language like that? Shows your lack of intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Whatever he cost, I was chuffed when we signed him, as I’m sure most Notts fans were. But like many of our expensive for us signings down the years, he’s generally flopped.
    One thing I always try to do when contributing to any player rating thread is rate as objectively as I possibly can. That means removing any preconceptions and expectations, and basing the rating purely on what I see over the 90 minutes. That's where I think Enzio suffers badly on here. Because he was a 'big money marquee signing' I think expectations are much higher. If he was someone we had signed for nothing from Dunkirk expectations would be minimal. I think he is a bloody good player at this level, although I believe his potency is somewhat restricted by the role he is asked to play. I will never subscribe to the 'lazy' tag some give him, I think he is just carrying out the instructions of his manager. I thought he had a poor game today, but I still think he's a real asset to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    And to love football you have to use moronic language like that? Shows your lack of intelligence
    Oh dear, seem's I've upset a far more intelligent person than me.

If you want a real laugh, have a look at the Nottinghamshire Post Player ratings:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...orquay-4921194

Slocombe gets 8, Rawlinson gets 6. Enzio gets 7, Rodrigues gets 6.

I know it's a game of opinions, but whoever posted those absurd ratings should be clearing their desk tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Reeves. Offers nothing going forward. Excellent at the backward pass
    I would alternate Reeves and Doyle each other game, and play Wolfe alongside them. We’re not going to get through the next few months if we don’t keep freshening the midfield up, anyway.

However, I’m not sure if we’ve got enough decent midfielders to play 4-4-2 if Cal Roberts isn’t playing and creating something out of nothing as one of our wingers. We’ve been a midfielder light ever since Sloth stormed off in October, a combative midfielder light since Rose left at the end of last season, and an energetic midfielder light since Crawford wasn’t offered a new deal. For me, midfield is the main reason we’re underperforming this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Oh dear, seem's I've upset a far more intelligent person than me.
    Intelligent people are more likely to swear, a study has found.

Researchers at the University of Rochester quizzed 1,000 people about 400 typical behaviours, and discovered a strong like between intelligence and swearing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7916516.html

The best swearing ever
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast