+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How fcukin bad was Enzio today!

Yeah really.

Turner did receive very harsh criticism for his performance and mistakes in 2 or 3 games in total. Bar that he's been solid and at times very impressive. Doyle has had regular criticism throughout on here QLD. Rose last season deserved it as he was the worst of our central midfield options IMO. I wonder how he's doing at Boston?

Enzio is the only one who is debatable, he's a polarising player without a doubt and that creates strong views at each end of the spectrum. He was also in last season's NL team of the season. I suspect his fee and wages play a role as well as his obvious talent.

Just to clarify I was talking about our weakest link being the midfield excluding the unexpected injury to Roberts and covid related absence of Thomas. Naturally losing two attackers like that has a huge impact on the goals column.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah really.

Turner did receive very harsh criticism for his performance and mistakes in 2 or 3 games in total. Bar that he's been solid and at times very impressive. Doyle has had regular criticism throughout on here QLD. Rose last season deserved it as he was the worst of our central midfield options IMO. I wonder how he's doing at Boston?

Enzio is the only one who is debatable, he's a polarising player without a doubt and that creates strong views at each end of the spectrum. He was also in last season's NL team of the season. I suspect his fee and wages play a role as well as his obvious talent.

Just to clarify I was talking about our weakest link being the midfield excluding the unexpected injury to Roberts and covid related absence of Thomas. Naturally losing two attackers like that has a huge impact on the goals column.
    So just to clarify then it is the attack that is the weak link ( currently)? Our midfield has in Doyle, Reeves and Rodrigues 3 players who could have played in L2 this season I am sure of it. Only debatable one is Doyle. I don't think its weak. It's a bit thin but its not weak.

With the unfortunate long term absences of two key players you mention then yes currently the attack. Without its the Midfield, same as last season. Defence being the strongest.

Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues has impressed which is a great sign going forward.

Hes getting there. Will go for a princely sum at some stage with roberts I am sure.

I sure do hope so. We've not had many first team players that have gone for decent fees for a long time. We've cashed in better from Youth players rather than from the main squad.

Recruitment and profiting from recruitment has been badly neglected for far too long. It's about time we caught up with the rest and it now looks like we have a clear definite plan. We don't need many signings to come off for it to be very profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    And to love football you have to use moronic language like that? Shows your lack of intelligence
    Hooray ! And up she rises !

I was tempted to start a similar thread tonight because Enzio was awful for 80 minutes, but then he provided the bit of quality that made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was tempted to start a similar thread tonight because Enzio was awful for 80 minutes, but then he provided the bit of quality that made the difference.
    And that’s why he’s so frustrating - because he is a potential match winner, but just doesn’t do it anywhere near often enough. Hopefully that assist tonight will give him a bit more confidence and we’ll start to see a few worldies from him again. With Cal Roberts sidelined for a while yet, we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    And that’s why he’s so frustrating - because he is a potential match winner, but just doesn’t do it anywhere near often enough. Hopefully that assist tonight will give him a bit more confidence and we’ll start to see a few worldies from him again. With Cal Roberts sidelined for a while yet, we need it.
    He is not allowed to do it most of the time, he as to track back to defend which isn't is forte. Stall said he should be encouraged to run and attack the defenders more even if it doesn't always work. Along with Cal and Rodders he is our most skilfully player.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He is not allowed to do it most of the time, he as to track back to defend which isn't is forte. Stall said he should be encouraged to run and attack the defenders more even if it doesn't always work. Along with Cal and Rodders he is our most skilfully player.
    This !
    Ardley has drove the desire to attack from his game , defence minded at all costs first.
    The same way he has drove Osbourne out of the club, instead of playing to his skill and strengths, he was trying to turn him into a defence minded midfielder and knocking him for being to small.
    I'm sure if we had Messi he would only get on the Bench and play for 15 mins max every other game ..
    But anyway a win is a win ,

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast