+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How fcukin bad was Enzio today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    When we get 3 points nobody is going to complain. When we don't we watch a side lose or draw 0-0 in a dull match without so much as a whimper which is wholly unacceptable given we have an embarrassment of attacking riches for this division. That's why Ardley is extremely frustrating as a manager.

The insistence of playing O'Brien, Doyle and Reeves in the same midfield is on a par with O'Brien, Doyle and Rose - it simply does not work and yet the manager persists.
    "When we get 3 points nobody is going to complain"

Totally agree with the baffling persistence of selecting JOB, Doyle and Reeves at the same time. Didn't work with those two and Rose last season doesn't work this season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "When we get 3 points nobody is going to complain"

Totally agree with the baffling persistence of selecting JOB, Doyle and Reeves at the same time. Didn't work with those two and Rose last season doesn't work this season.
    It mesmorises the opposition into a false sense of security so that they are caught unawares and half-asleep with boredom when we bring our late subs on. Brilliant tactic.

True Old Pie, look opposition our central midfield is slow and poor and our talented wingers provide excellent defensive cover and then...... Boom! We unleash genuine talent and attacking flair and runaway laughing with the undeserved 3 points.

Enzio’s best work often comes when he gets the ball in the centre of the park with his back to goal, pins and turns his man and then heads for goal. See the first goal at Stockport in the FA Trophy, and his worldies against Woking and Chesterfield last season. I sometimes wonder if it’s worth playing him alongside Kyle in a 4-4-2, get him more involved at the top end of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Enzio’s best work often comes when he gets the ball in the centre of the park with his back to goal, pins and turns his man and then heads for goal. See the first goal at Stockport in the FA Trophy, and his worldies against Woking and Chesterfield last season. I sometimes wonder if it’s worth playing him alongside Kyle in a 4-4-2, get him more involved at the top end of the pitch.
    Yes, he does have that strength and ability to spin a defender but I’m not sure he’s a number 9 or 10...would he be intelligent enough in how to get involved? Maybe giving him a totally free role behind the striker(s) would help him, where he could work on instinct without the having to make conscious decisions on where he should be.

I dunno, There’s only one way to find out I guess.

It's an interesting proposition but if he was played as part of a front 2 alongside a big man then does that mean 4-4-2?

If it does who are your two wingers if Enzio is playing as a 9 or 10?

It's an interesting proposition but if he was played as part of a front 2 alongside a big man then does that mean 4-4-2?

If it does who are your two wingers if Enzio is playing as a 9 or 10?
    My first option right now would be Knowles alongside Wootton, but maybe we just need to keep getting Enzio on the ball with his back to goal inside their half. We do have other options on the wing - Miller, Sam, Cal Roberts (one day!) and Ruben, though the latter is at his best playing behind the striker.

If we take Enzio and Roberts out of the equation I don't like our options for the two wide men from the remainder

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yes, he does have that strength and ability to spin a defender but I’m not sure he’s a number 9 or 10...would he be intelligent enough in how to get involved? Maybe giving him a totally free role behind the striker(s) would help him, where he could work on instinct without the having to make conscious decisions on where he should be.

I dunno, There’s only one way to find out I guess.
    Under Kewell he ended up being used as a roving all-purpose counter attacker along with Dennis, and that seemed to work quite well.

If we take Enzio and Roberts out of the equation I don't like our options for the two wide men from the remainder
    We don't have out and out wingers at all, the squad is made for 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Roberts, Enzio, Sam, Rodrigues would be wasted stuck out wide anyway. The way to go is stick with the formations mentioned and continue to hope Brindley and Kelly-Evans can provide the width (think it is has to be them, don't think McCrory, Chicken are up to the task). They were terrible at this for the first 10 games or so but after getting called out by Ardley, or just improving and realising what they have to do, they've been much better.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast