+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Or Luton ????

Chelsea Or Luton ????

A chance of a glamour tie most probably covered by the beeb given this ties history or a winnable game against fellow championship opponent's for a place in the last 8 .

Chelsea for me , it's what the FA cup is all about although that's just my opinion .

Time to give miserable Frank something to be really miserable about.

The FA cup ties now revert to midweek from the fifth round , don't ask because I don't know why .

Now this really does Frankie boy a problem potentially , PL , Champions League coming up on the horizon .

This is potentially a very different beast from the September stroll in the park his strong team enjoyed against Struber's group .

That said it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Luton come through tomorrow , some very capable players have Luton and if they get the first goal I'd back em to see it out .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The FA cup ties now revert to midweek from the fifth round , don't ask because I don't know why .

Now this really does Frankie boy a problem potentially , PL , Champions League coming up on the horizon .

This is potentially a very different beast from the September stroll in the park his strong team enjoyed against Struber's group .

That said it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Luton come through tomorrow , some very capable players have Luton and if they get the first goal I'd back em to see it out .

Assuming they get thru, the psychological edge Chelsea have on us will be difficult to overcome. However, we are at home this time, freezing cold Yorkshire neet, different gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Assuming they get thru, the psychological edge Chelsea have on us will be difficult to overcome. However, we are at home this time, freezing cold Yorkshire neet, different gravy.
    The way Struber instructed the lads to play out from the back that night hasn't left me even though I fully respect the job he did here last season .

I think it's fair to say that won't be happening if indeed we do face Chelsea in round five .

The way Struber instructed the lads to play out from the back that night hasn't left me even though I fully respect the job he did here last season .

I think it's fair to say that won't be happening if indeed we do face Chelsea in round five .
    Absolutely. We can just hurl it aimlessly long instead

No mate, seriously, I hear thi. However, this time we ent a Bobby Hassell feightin in midfield or Rob Kozluk or Fozzy marshalling the defence or a front 2 that can physically give them hell like Ferenczi and odd job did that famous night.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Absolutely. We can just hurl it aimlessly long instead

No mate, seriously, I hear thi. However, this time we ent a Bobby Hassell feightin in midfield or Rob Kozluk or Fozzy marshalling the defence or a front 2 that can physically give them hell like Ferenczi and odd job did that famous night.
    I'll niver forget that night Pass as long as I live , I'll swear blind the stands moved with the noise and atmosphere .

There's atmospheres and then there's that night .

When Oddjob scored I lost it , totally lost it , I was in the west stand lower that night ....totally lost it .

In relatively recent times possibly only the Walsall play off game matches it .

Ain't this a great ride warts n all for what we are in the grand scheme of things ? .

If Chelsea lose tomorrow could be the end of Frank.
    But I am hoping we're the ones to do it. Proper payback for September.

I think Chelski will win tomorrow but surely Luton wont make it easy for them.
    For me the Fa cup is still a nuisance in the 3rd & 4th rounds, but it then starts to get exciting from the 5th round onwards.

I'll niver forget that night Pass as long as I live , I'll swear blind the stands moved with the noise and atmosphere .

There's atmospheres and then there's that night .

When Oddjob scored I lost it , totally lost it , I was in the west stand lower that night ....totally lost it .

In relatively recent times possibly only the Walsall play off game matches it .

Ain't this a great ride warts n all for what we are in the grand scheme of things ? .
    A wunt change it fot world mate. A love emotion both good and bad, it's what life's all abart and follering this club giz thi both in abundance.

A wo digging away wi ar kid when wi laiked Chelsea but we went to the match. Unbelievable weren't it. Atmosphere as tha sez..... tha what. Ar live just over hill from oakwell and ar lass could hear it clearly that night. She nivver sez she can bar the odd goal on a normal fixture day.

That last 10 mins anorl.... Jeezyouess, av not experienced a longer and more tense final 10 mins than when we won at Anfield in the Premiership. What a neet that Chelsea match wo. Bursting wi pride a wo that neet.

Ennyrooard, wi guz back darn to work in Daventry on the Monday and after a long days grafting we crash at our digs, I pull a VCR and cassette tape art o mi clothes bag, ar kid sez "what tha doin wi that"?
    A sez "its Chelsea match, ar lass recorded me it on BBC "

We hooked it up to tele in ar room and raided the off license for beers and watched it every evening that week, got lashed, soaked up every bit of what happened that night and kept on enjoying it.

Wi art doubt one of our greatest nights as you said Animal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast