+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alexander is deluded

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What do you expect him to say? We can't change the whole squad in January, slating then publicly and saying we want rid asap is unlikely to build the sort of dressing mentality to keep us up even if it's true.

I can only hope he is saying different things behind closed doors because those interviews remind me of Robinson's repetitious and weak post-match routine. He's inherited a team of sh1te passengers and something has to break before we sleepwalk into relegation, and these interviews suggest he isn't the man to make that something break to save us. We need to be ruthless, nasty, and streetwise, not weak by continually praising failure. The latter has got us where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    What do you expect him to say? We can't change the whole squad in January, slating then publicly and saying we want rid asap is unlikely to build the sort of dressing mentality to keep us up even if it's true.

The players will be all too aware of how they played and they will know what's needed on Wednesday without any input from the manager.

The trouble is I don't think they are aware or care as many of them know they will be away soon anyway. I hope you're right, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    The players will be all too aware of how they played and they will know what's needed on Wednesday without any input from the manager.

We have no bite in midfield, all our midfielders have nice touches etc but are not what I call “ankle biters” never give the opposition players a minutes peace, and close them down at every opportunity. Our players tend to stand off our opponents giving them time to make telling passes and crosses in behind our defence which invariably leads to us losing goals and the points

I'm afraid the truth hurts, and data don't lie ... IMO we're now phooked if we don't get 3 points on Wednesday.

1. What is our way out of this? For the first time I see none.
    2. Our only 'decent' players are those who haven't committed to new contract talks. Well, maybe perhaps a few others (Watt, Kelly, Carson).
    3. The remaining 'journey-men' will hang about as long as they're allowed to ... and, at present, we can't punt them.
    4. A 'null and void season' won't happen - how could it given last season's decision.

Happy New Year !

We havent won in 13 and still aren't bottom, that's how bad this league is.

After Wednesday we still have three cracks at Killie, two at Accies, both Saints and United etc, plus another meeting with County. Win or lose, nothing will be settled on Wednesday. Which is probably a good job...

Much more decisive will be whatever further transfer business we do or don't.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)