+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCFC Update re. Torquay stream issues for £16 purchasers

NCFC Update re. Torquay stream issues for £16 purchasers

We have provided an update to supporters who experienced issues after paying £16 for today's stream.

We sincerely apologise to those who were inconvenienced.

If you would like to be compensated, please email streaming@nottscountyfc.co.uk, providing the following information:

• Brief details of your experience
    • The email address you used to purchased your initial £16 match pass
    • Your contact telephone number

We will be working through responses on Monday and will respond to supporters on an individual basis as soon as possible thereafter.

Thank you for your continued support of the club.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/torquay-streaming-issue-230121/

This doesn't involve me but I thought I would comment on the stream anyway. I have purchased all the home games, and this didn't seem as good as most of the others. The cameraman didn't seem to be up with the action at times, and some of the images were out of focus for me. I will still buy any homes streams because even though I don't enjoy watching a live stream, at the moment it's the only way I can support the club financially.

Having been a tight-arse and purchased the £12 stream for the other matches, I thought... Sod it, this is the big one. we have to win, I'll do £16. Then it all goes t*ts up and the stream finally kicks into life at half time. It seems it was only a problem for the £16 people not the rest. (My years of experience in the communications sector told me it wasn't my browser, as the email response tried to make me believe)

I don't want any recompense though. Just glad we have a club at the moment in this god-awful league.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Having been a tight-arse and purchased the £12 stream for the other matches, I thought... Sod it, this is the big one. we have to win, I'll do £16. Then it all goes t*ts up and the stream finally kicks into life at half time. It seems it was only a problem for the £16 people not the rest. (My years of experience in the communications sector told me it wasn't my browser, as the email response tried to make me believe)

I don't want any recompense though. Just glad we have a club at the moment in this god-awful league.
    Like you, I decided to invest £16 for today’s match, mostly as a supportive gesture to Notts. When I tried to log on, a message displayed on my screen stating, “the live stream would commence at 1800 hours.”
    I contacted Notts, and they dealt with my complaint very professionally. I was able to watch the second half, and have since been contacted regarding a refund, which I also will pass on.
    Regarding the game today, I followed it up by watching Cheltenham Town v Man City. I wish we showed the intensity that Cheltenham are doing this season, and after all, they are only a division above us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This doesn't involve me but I thought I would comment on the stream anyway. I have purchased all the home games, and this didn't seem as good as most of the others. The cameraman didn't seem to be up with the action at times, and some of the images were out of focus for me. I will still buy any homes streams because even though I don't enjoy watching a live stream, at the moment it's the only way I can support the club financially.
    Some very poor camera work today, which seemed to come from the camera trying to pick up medium shots (the wide angle was fine). Frequently out of focus, playing ‘Find the ball’ and some of the coverage of the action was pretty poor.

Overall I’ve been impressed by the service this season, but today was definitely inferior coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Some very poor camera work today, which seemed to come from the camera trying to pick up medium shots (the wide angle was fine). Frequently out of focus, playing ‘Find the ball’ and some of the coverage of the action was pretty poor.

Overall I’ve been impressed by the service this season, but today was definitely inferior coverage.
    It was only the main camera at fault. When viewing switched to the other cameras situated behind the goals, they were perfect. Overall I am also impressed, but no substitute of course for being there.

Having seen some of the bitching on social media with entitled comments like " I want my 16 pounds back and a free game " blah blah blah its laughable some people. Technology goes wrong sometimes for the most part its an excellent stream. Pity that once again we failed to find the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This is similar for me as well. I have paid £12 for every home game thus far and whilst there were no issues with the streaming itself in that I saw the whole match the quality was not as good as all the previous home games. For me the main problem was the focus and it having to be adjusted constantly when it changed back to the camera. Also following the ball. It was enough to be a distraction and create a feeling of dizziness at times.

The thing is the club have set excellent standards of streaming and I would not let this deter me nor would not want it to deter others from purchasing the streaming for future games as it's much needed income for the club in these precarious times. I'm sure lessons will be learned going forward.

So what is different with the stream if you pay £16 ? I had a cheapy £12 ticket and all was mostly fine. I did think that the camera in the centre of the Pavis stand was struggling with the light differences however. It gave the appearance of a 'not well' camera.
    On another subject, I have been trying to purchase a stream for the Solihull game but every card I have tried gets refused. Anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    So what is different with the stream if you pay £16 ?
    There is no difference. You can pay £12, £16 or £20 but the product is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast