+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Joe Root

O/T Joe Root

Making it look easy batting at the moment closing in on a consecutive double century ..what a player

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Making it look easy batting at the moment closing in on a consecutive double century ..what a player
    Yes the rest seems to have done him a lot of good

Out for 186 run out in last over of the day

Cruel way to get out but brilliant fielding

Great fielding, I think tiredness played a part in his dismissal

Century up from 164 balls in his 100th test.

England’s best ever captain ??

Live on free to air C4
    Watched it for a couple of hours this morning just as Rooty was getting going

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

Well, one of it's best batsmen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

Hes not our best ever captain tactically and been pretty poor at times. But hes improved and much better over the last year or so. He struggled initially as a batsman when he took on the captaincy.

The thing I like about him is that hes got the team behind him. I understand Stokes and Buttler are key to that.

I love the spirit hes created around the side (bit like Warne in that respect). Such an improvement on what we had in the past.

Sri Lanka and India was billed as a bit of a watershed for him after a couple of lean years (Id love to struggle averaging nearly 50!!). Hes answered the critics.

He is one of our all time great batsman, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hes not our best ever captain tactically and been pretty poor at times. But hes improved and much better over the last year or so. He struggled initially as a batsman when he took on the captaincy.

The thing I like about him is that hes got the team behind him. I understand Stokes and Buttler are key to that.

I love the spirit hes created around the side (bit like Warne in that respect). Such an improvement on what we had in the past.

Sri Lanka and India was billed as a bit of a watershed for him after a couple of lean years (Id love to struggle averaging nearly 50!!). Hes answered the critics.

He is one of our all time great batsman, that is for sure.
    Agree with most of that.

This year he’s scored over 530 runs at an average of 133, his best total in a Callander year is 1477

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast