+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelsea it is then

Chelsea it is then

And on that evidence against Luton they will have to be on top of their game to beat us.
    Because after watching that - I think we have a good chance of beating them.
    Unless of course we make a hat full of mistakes like we did the last time we played them.

I concentrated on watching Werner in 2nd half.
    Reminded me a lot of Thomas.
    Makes good runs into the box then falls down.
    Looks well out of his depth and a bit clueless.
    Little or no final pass or shot.

we could get 11 Thomas's for the cost of one Werner how about that

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Mek that 44 Thomas's Chops.

Ismael's unprofessional conduct in calling out Thomas as "unprofessional" publically to the sports media will have been noted by other clubs and his value will have shot down from the £1.2 million we paid for him to around £300,000. Conway will not be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Name:  361CC3F6-5AB3-4AA9-BA26-4F037DE41835.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  6.5 KB

The game worries me in all honesty , generally speaking when you see cup upsets it's because the lower ranked team have set up with two solid banks of four and defended deep .

We on the other hand press high and with a high defensive line .

If Chelsea play through our press which given the quality they have its likely to happen we could be struggling as they then have time and space to play balls behind our defensively line .

Not criticising our style of play by any means just that it could be very easy to play against with a team of Chelsea's quality .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The game worries me in all honesty , generally speaking when you see cup upsets it's because the lower ranked team have set up with two solid banks of four and defended deep .

We on the other hand press high and with a high defensive line .

If Chelsea play through our press which given the quality they have its likely to happen we could be struggling as they then have time and space to play balls behind our defensively line .

Not criticising our style of play by any means just that it could be very easy to play against with a team of Chelsea's quality .
    I'd rather lose to Chelsea than have the trauma of losing to Luton. If it's Chelsea running out with an easy lead we can rest a few at half-time. Locked at 1-1 with Luton we ain't gunna have that luxury.