+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ollie Bayliss

Ollie Bayliss

Has submitted an FoI request to the DCMS about National League funding. It'll be interesting to see who's been telling the truth and who hasn't. Nice to see a journalist doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Has submitted an FoI request to the DCMS about National League funding. It'll be interesting to see who's been telling the truth and who hasn't. Nice to see a journalist doing a good job.
    Agreed!

Latest tweet from Ollie Bayliss - looks like we're moving towards the season being ended, unless it's brinkmanship (but I don't think the NL leadership have the smarts to do that).

BREAKING:

National League clubs will be asked to respond to a formal "resolution to consider the outcome of the season".

The League has made the decision following a Board meeting today.

Details of the resolution and the process will be sent to clubs on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Latest tweet from Ollie Bayliss - looks like we're moving towards the season being ended, unless it's brinkmanship (but I don't think the NL leadership have the smarts to do that).

BREAKING:

National League clubs will be asked to respond to a formal "resolution to consider the outcome of the season".

The League has made the decision following a Board meeting today.

Details of the resolution and the process will be sent to clubs on Monday.
    Not sure what to say to this. The potential for significant disruption during next season is still with us. Nobody knows what's going to happen next,. Giving up this season might be a decision that turns out to be worse than trying to carry on in the long run. NL decisions up to now haven't worked out well.

I can only think there are 2 options in the resolution, 1, carry on playing 2, null and void the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I can only think there are 2 options in the resolution, 1, carry on playing 2, null and void the season.
    There could be a third where willing clubs complete the season while the others drop out with all their results expunged.
    Who knows though as Conf North and South are supposed to be resuming next weekend.

Not sure I'm fully supportive of the NL constantly going to clubs constantly for their opinion/vote, it's totally self serving and a way of the National league not taking responsibility.
    As far as I understanding clubs can have loans and if their really struggling they maybe able to get a grant. Its 3 or 4 months of players/staff wages, surely if clubs have the will they can get through that.

There is no common sense being applied here. Surely the sensible thing to do is to take the loan, which is long term and low interest, and then if they're struggling to pay it off in a few years time negotiate for extension / waiver etc. I suspect there'd be more support from government if the NL hadn't ballsed up the initiial grant allocations so badly.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    ·
    6m
    Step 1 clubs will vote separately to Step 2 on the status of the season.

There’s a possibility of different outcomes for the National League & National North/South.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    There is no common sense being applied here. Surely the sensible thing to do is to take the loan, which is long term and low interest, and then if they're struggling to pay it off in a few years time negotiate for extension / waiver etc. I suspect there'd be more support from government if the NL hadn't ballsed up the initiial grant allocations so badly.
    Rather than taking the loans, I think we should support clubs who refuse to go into debt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast