+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homebrew

[QUOTE=alfinyalcabo;39682589]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

At least I'm getting to see my 15 month old grandson BT as we are in a child bubble with him and collect him from nursery. We have at least seen him grow up from birth and looked after him.. My two others live in Hampshire so not seen th m for nearly a year now only on FaceTime ..
    Something at least to be thankful for Alf.

I make wine

Love Brewing make some really good wine kits

They also do spirits, beer and cider too

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I make wine
    Love Brewing make some really good wine kits
    They also do spirits, beer and cider too
    I started with wine but had a couple of disasters where the wine tasted like musty paper which, after having waited 3 months was soul destroying. I then switched to beer, ready in a month and never seemed to go wrong so stayed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I started with wine but had a couple of disasters where the wine tasted like musty paper which, after having waited 3 months was soul destroying. I then switched to beer, ready in a month and never seemed to go wrong so stayed with it.
    With my Mrs there's no chance of the wine maturing for several months. It's straight out of the carboy to the bottle and she's got it into a glass within minutes. Most I've made have been very good indeed.

In the early '70's there weren't any quick kits, 3 months was the minimum. I think yeasts have been developed to speed things up.

Me and my Dad used to make al kinds of stuff. After a dreadful start we were soon making very decent stuff.

We used a book "Making beer like those you buy" which was a game changer for us. Our Old Peculier and Guinness didn't taste very much like the real stuff, but it was bloody good.

And we made a superb Grapefruit Champagne, which suited my taste much more than real champagne.

I still marvel at the fact that I'm drinking something alcoholic that tastes OK and I made it myself. It makes the hangover that bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    With my Mrs there's no chance of the wine maturing for several months. It's straight out of the carboy to the bottle and she's got it into a glass within minutes. Most I've made have been very good indeed.
    Hey Oldie Rambo lol, give us the recipe for your tasty wine fizzy pop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)