+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bikers

Never been into motor bikes.
    As a young lad, maybe about 14-15 we had two Rishton lads with bikes, yes older, the heroes ,but one day they scorched over the road Rishton to Wilpshire, sadly hitting the gravel at the side of the road, the smashed clock showed over 100mh. I think that moment killed whatever idea was to buy a bike for any lad.
    I had a friend that had a Ducati, with a fairing, he took it apart in our 'unused' front room, but skipped off to the channel islands leaving the bike in pieces, I had no idea about bikes and today I can not think what happen to it ?

So bikes, everybody in a kibbutz has a bicycle, being close to the sea the land is flat, and with no cars inside, quiet safe (and for children). As a lad when a football bounced outside some where I was out there. Today walking or riding yes ......tomorrow ,I know I should, keep fit, yes I have the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    I have had a few bikes, including a Honda CB125, Suzuki X7 250 2 stroke, Kwacker Z200, Honda 400 Four; HD V-Rod, HD Sportster, KTM Duke 390. Currently riding a Peugeot Metropolis ( a tilting 3 wheel 400 cc twist and go jobbie). I love the Metropolis.
    I quite like those leaning 3 wheelers, not having to put your foot down all the time is handy. Yours looks fine but I'm not sure about those with roofs, may as well get a small car.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    So bikes, everybody in a kibbutz has a bicycle, being close to the sea the land is flat, and with no cars inside, quiet safe (and for children). As a lad when a football bounced outside some where I was out there. Today walking or riding yes ......tomorrow ,I know I should, keep fit, yes I have the theory.
    I live close to the sea and biking is a doddle compared to what it was when I lived near Burnley. I think if I move inland I'd probably need an electric cycle.

ragged around the moors as a lad - rats - trials - mx....with the odd road bike overs the years - still borrow one of a family member for the doss sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I live close to the sea and biking is a doddle compared to what it was when I lived near Burnley. I think if I move inland I'd probably need an electric cycle.
    I remember when we first moved to Clitheroe in the 90s, you couldn't avoid climbing, there was a climb in every direction from our house, three KOM finishes all within 30 minutes ride. I was fit, I had to be, then we moved to France, Charent-Martime, flat as a pancake, it got boring, I used to go out looking for hills, but there weren't any, a few gentle inclines couple of hundred yards long and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I remember when we first moved to Clitheroe in the 90s, you couldn't avoid climbing, there was a climb in every direction from our house, three KOM finishes all within 30 minutes ride. I was fit, I had to be, then we moved to France, Charent-Martime, flat as a pancake, it got boring, I used to go out looking for hills, but there weren't any, a few gentle inclines couple of hundred yards long and that was it.
    I used to live near the border of the Charente but we used to bike to the coast quite often, La Rochelle, Isle de Rey, but on a motorbike, not cycle.

Our regular Sunday morning ride was out to the coast at Talmont, croissants and coffee then back, hour there, hour back, and unless the sun was up you wouldn't even break sweat. We used to live 10 minutes outside Saintes, where were you Chris ?

A place called Nouic (still have the house there) near Bellac, approx. half way between Poitiers and Limoges, just 40 mins from Limoges airport. It's farming territory, very rural and rolling countryside, small hills only sinkov. I had biker friends at St. Jean d'Angely and Jarnac was a meeting place.
    Last edited by kritichris; 26-01-2021 at 09:16 AM.

First bike a brand new 1975 Yamaha RD250B then a 1972 Triumph Daytona, Yamaha YR5 350, Suzuki GT750, Honda CBX750,
    Yamaha 650 Dragstar, Honda 1300 Pan European, HD 1200 Sporster and now have a Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer.

Quote Originally Posted by cbx750 View Post
    First bike a brand new 1975 Yamaha RD250B then a 1972 Triumph Daytona, Yamaha YR5 350, Suzuki GT750, Honda CBX750,
    Yamaha 650 Dragstar, Honda 1300 Pan European, HD 1200 Sporster and now have a Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer.
    A proper biker then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)