+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bikers

Like Sinkov I used to own a beloved BSA C15, but I wasn't a biker for too long. I saw far too many mates having serious injuries.

Then I took up cycling and I cycled round Europe and the UK.

My biggest trip was to Naples. Originally, this trip was planned to visit every place that the Clarets had played in Europe (Hamburg, Rheims, Lausanne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Naples) This was at the time when Burnley were skint, and I was intending raising money for the club. The club told me that they couldn't help - they were already asking everyone they knew for money, so I decided to cycle to Naples for a holiday.
    Brilliant!, Me, my bike and the smallest tent ever. Happy days.

Me and Mrs 59-60 now have a tandem and we cycled to London a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Like Sinkov I used to own a beloved BSA C15, but I wasn't a biker for too long. I saw far too many mates having serious injuries.

Then I took up cycling and I cycled round Europe and the UK.

My biggest trip was to Naples. Originally, this trip was planned to visit every place that the Clarets had played in Europe (Hamburg, Rheims, Lausanne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Naples) This was at the time when Burnley were skint, and I was intending raising money for the club. The club told me that they couldn't help - they were already asking everyone they knew for money, so I decided to cycle to Naples for a holiday.
    Brilliant!, Me, my bike and the smallest tent ever. Happy days.

Me and Mrs 59-60 now have a tandem and we cycled to London a few years ago.
    Impressive, the farthest I cycled was from Bacup to Cleveleys and I was so buggered my dad brought me back in his van. Now I just do about 10 miles a day riding on the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by cbx750 View Post
    First bike a brand new 1975 Yamaha RD250B then a 1972 Triumph Daytona, Yamaha YR5 350, Suzuki GT750, Honda CBX750,
    Yamaha 650 Dragstar, Honda 1300 Pan European, HD 1200 Sporster and now have a Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer.
    A good selection. Just checked out the Roamer, nice looking retro bike. I always fancied a shaft drive but never had one.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    A place called Nouic (still have the house there) near Bellac, approx. half way between Poitiers and Limoges, just 40 mins from Limoges airport. It's farming territory, very rural and rolling countryside, small hills only sinkov. I had biker friends at St. Jean d'Angely and Jarnac was a meeting place.
    Nearest I got to there Chris was La Rochefoucald near Angouleme, we used to stay in an old Château for a week every summer, they ran various courses, Mrs S was painting all day and I went out on my bike. There were a few hills round there that used to catch me out on the first couple of days, when you haven't seen a hill in a year on your bike, you know about it when you do find one.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    A good selection. Just checked out the Roamer, nice looking retro bike. I always fancied a shaft drive but never had one.
    Shaft drive is great, I never noticed anything different when changing from chain to shaft to belt and back to shaft except shafts are cleaner and easier to maintain. The biggest quirk with the Roamer is if you rev it at standstill the bike rocks gently from side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by cbx750 View Post
    Shaft drive is great, I never noticed anything different when changing from chain to shaft to belt and back to shaft except shafts are cleaner and easier to maintain. The biggest quirk with the Roamer is if you rev it at standstill the bike rocks gently from side to side.
    https://boards.footymad.net/newreply...ply&p=39687438

That's a transverse V-Twin for you.., never had one of them either but had a couple of inline ones plus my parallel Triumphs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)